Showing all 2 results
There is a reason why instructors around the world have relied on the market-defining product International Business – Competing in the Global Marketplace: it has consistently exceeded instructors’ expectations while preparing students to confront the unique challenges of global business.
International Business Asia Global Edition 2e goes one step further to offer more. A definitive text for Asian students and the global student interested in the multiple opportunities in Asia, it brings together the varied teaching, writing, and the global consulting expertise of Charles Hill, Chow-Hou Wee, and Krishna Udayasankar to create the most thorough, up-to-date, and thought provoking text on the market.
International Business Asia Global Edition 2e maintains a tightly integrated flow between the chapters and identifies how real managers succeed or fail in the global economy. It includes information, examples, and cases that highlight the challenges and opportunities of doing business in Asia, as well as the role of Asian businesses in the global market. The authors’ passion for international business is apparent on every page as they make important theories interesting, informative, and accessible to all readers.
· Cases, focus boxes, and exercises throughout the book show how theory relates to the practice of international business.
· Closing Case – Each chapter concludes with a Closing Case demonstrating the relevance of chapter material to the practice of international business.
· End-of-Part Cases – Longer End-of-Part casesallow for more in-depth study of international companies.
· Country Focus – Each Country Focus example provides background on the political, economic, social, or cultural aspects of countries grappling with an international business issue.
· Management Focus – Examples from companies further illustrate the relevance of chapter material for the practice of international business.
· Implications for Managers – At the end ofeach chapter in Parts 2, 3, and 4, sections titled Implications for Managers clearly explain the managerial implications of material discussed in thechapter.
· globalEDGE Research Task – Using the text and the global EDGE website, students solve realistic international business problems related to each chapter. These exercises expose students to the types of tools and data sources international managers use to make informed business decisions.
· Supplements for the instructor on the OnlineLearning Center give instructors online access to the Instructor’s Manual, CaseNotes, PowerPoints, Test Bank, globalEDGE answers, and student resources. For students, this website provides rich interactive resources to help them learn how to practice international business including chapter quizzes and interactive modules.
New in This Edition
6 new End-of-Part Cases on international companies
2 new Closing Cases on the practice of international business
2 new Country Focus analyses
3 new Management Focus articles
1 new Opening Article
About the Author
Wee Chou Hou (C.H Wee) is Professor of Strategy and Marketing at the Nanyang Business School, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), and Senior Fellow and Founder of the Institute on Asian Consumer Insight (ACI). He is currently the Head of the Division of Marketing and International Business at NTU. A former Merit, Colombo Plan and Commonwealth scholar, Professor Wee has published over 330 articles and publications in various international, regional and local journals and proceedings. He is a world-renowned conference speaker, and has consulted and conducted executive training for over 300 organisations in more than 30 economies including fortune 500 companies and some of the largest companies in Asia and Europe.