Showing the single result
The book is organized into a logical four-part framework to facilitate understanding of the individual disorders and mastery of the material overall.
The authors’ in-depth coverage of the role of the normal developmental process in understanding each disorder, as well as their close attention to important sex and cultural differences in the expression, determinants, and outcomes of child and adolescent disorders, promote greater understanding.
Table of Content
Part I: UNDERSTANDING ABNORMAL CHILD PSYCHOLOGY.
1. Introduction to Normal and Abnormal Behavior in Children and Adolescents.
2. Theories and Causes.
4. Assessment, Diagnosis, and Treatment.
Part II: NEURODEVELOPMENTAL DISORDERS.
5. Intellectual Disability (Intellectual Developmental Disorder).
6. Autism Spectrum Disorder and Childhood-Onset Schizophrenia.
7. Communication and Learning Disorders.
8. Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
Part III: BEHAVIORAL AND EMOTIONAL DISORDERS.
9. Conduct Problems.
10. Depressive and Bipolar Disorders.
11. Anxiety and Obsessive–Compulsive Disorders.
12. Trauma- and Stressor-Related Disorders.
Part IV: PROBLEMS RELATED TO PHYSICAL AND MENTAL HEALTH.
13. Health-Related and Substance-Use Disorders.
14. Feeding and Eating Disorders.