Showing 109–120 of 159 results
Horngren’s Cost Accounting defines the cost accounting market and continues to innovate today by consistently integrating the most current practice and theory into the text. This acclaimed, market-leading text emphasizes the basic theme of “different costs for different purposes,” and reaches beyond cost accounting procedures to consider concepts, analyses, and management. The 16th Edition incorporates the latest research and most up-to-date thinking into all relevant chapters, so that students are prepared for the rewards and challenges they will face in the professional cost accounting world of today and tomorrow. (Quelle: www.pearson.com).
Marketing: Real People, Real Choices brings you and your students into the world of marketing through the use of real companies and the real-life marketing issues that they have faced in recent times. The authors explain core concepts and theories in Marketing, while allowing the reader to search for the information and then apply it to their own experiences as a consumer, so that they can develop a deeper understanding of how marketing is used every day of the week, in every country of the world. The new third edition is enhanced by a strong focus on Value Creation and deeper coverage of modern marketing communications practices.
Communication for Business and the Professions: Strategies and Skills is a current and comprehensive resource with an easy-to-navigate structure that makes this sometimes challenging subject easy to learn. Plain-English explanations provide students with a solid background to the theory of communication and how to interact effectively. A variety of features and activities stimulate critical thinking and promote active learning. Working models enable students to practise and refine how well they communicate. The sixth edition features exciting new content on some of the most dynamic areas of business communication. An entirely new chapter on social media and technology (Chapter 2) has been added. In addition, a new section on Customer Satisfaction has been added to the Customer Complaints discussion within the chapter on Customer Service (Chapter 11). An emphasis on Australian examples provides a relevant context, making Communication for Business and the Professions the perfect resource for students new to the field of business communication.
In today’s world where technology impacts every aspect of life, you need to know how to evaluate devices, choose apps, maintain a professional online reputation, and ensure digital security. NEW PERSPECTIVES ON COMPUTER CONCEPTS 2018, INTRODUCTORY offers the insights to help. This book goes beyond the intuitive how-to of apps and social media to delve into broad concepts that are guiding current technologies such as self-driving cars, virtual reality, file sharing torrents, encrypted communications, photo forensics, and the Internet of Things. Numerous illustrations and interactive features make mastering technical topics a breeze, while the book’s proven learning path is structured with today’s busy reader in mind. This edition offers an insightful overview of what today’s readers must know about using technology to complete an education, secure a successful career, and engage in issues that shape today’s world. Important Notice: Media content referenced within the product description or the product text may not be available in the ebook version.
Readable, practical, and interesting, SURVEY OF ECONOMICS, 9E gives you the tools you need to understand the impact of economics in your own world. This popular book presents the basics of economics in the context of real-world situations to show you how economic issues play out at national and international levels. This thoroughly updated, new edition addresses intriguing topics in today’s economics, such as the federal deficit and national debt, income levels and fair pay for females, social networking sites, and gasoline prices. Interactive learning features and self-study tools guide you through the learning process and make studying easier. SURVEY OF ECONOMICS, 9E provides a solid understanding of basic economic principles that equips you to make more informed decisions as both a professional and a consumer. Important Notice: Media content referenced within the product description or the product text may not be available in the ebook version.
Were you looking for the book with access to MyMathLab Global? This product is the book alone, and does NOT come with access to MyMathLab Global. Buy Foundation Maths, 6th edition with MyMathLab Global access card (ISBN 9781292095257) if you need access to MyMathLab Global as well, and save money on this resource. You will also need a course ID from your instructor to access MyLab. Foundation Maths has been written for students taking higher and further education courses who have not specialised in mathematics on post-16 qualifications and need to use mathematical tools in their courses. It is ideally suited to those studying marketing, business studies, management, science, engineering, social science, geography, combined studies and design. It will be useful for those who lack confidence and who need careful, steady guidance in mathematical methods. For those whose mathematical expertise is already established, the book will be a helpful revision and reference guide. The style of the book also makes it suitable for self-study and distance learning.
About the Author
Anthony Croft has taught mathematics in further and higher education institutions for over thirty years. He is currently Professor of Mathematics Education and Director of sigma – the Centre for Excellence in Teaching and Learning based in the Mathematics Education Centre at Loughborough University. He teaches mathematics and engineering undergraduates, and has championed mathematics support for students who find the transition from school to university difficult. He has authored many very successful mathematics textbooks, including several for engineering students. In 2008 he was awarded a National Teaching Fellowship in recognition of his work in these fields. Robert Davison has thirty years’ experience teaching mathematics in both further and higher education. He has authored many very successful mathematics textbooks, including several for engineering students.
A market leader for the study skills course, COLLEGE STUDY SKILLS: BECOMING A STRATEGIC LEARNER, Seventh Edition is a wide-ranging, practical text that focuses on helping students become actively engaged in their own learning. The text incorporates active learning strategies to help students succeed in college by introducing a strategy, allowing them to practice it, and having them do self-assessments to gain feedback on their own success. This variety of strategies and activities, as well as authentic and engaging text material from numerous core subject areas, gives students opportunities to apply what they are learning to their course work in other college classes. The Seventh Edition has a new focus on motivation. Chapter (1) Getting Motivated focuses on the importance of motivation in college success. More information on the causes of motivation problems and strategies for increasing motivation are also included, and each of the chapters that follow in the text strengthens the connection between motivation and the strategies that are presented, so that students continue to increase their motivation throughout the course. Important Notice: Media content referenced within the product description or the product text may not be available in the ebook version.
THINKING CRITICALLY helps you become a more sophisticated thinker by teaching the fundamental cognitive process that allows you to develop the higher-order thinking abilities needed for academic study and career success. The text compels you to use your intellect to think critically about subjects drawn from academic disciplines, contemporary issues, and your own life experiences. The text begins with basic skills related to personal experience and then carefully progresses to the more sophisticated reasoning skills required for abstract, academic contexts. Each chapter provides an overview of an aspect of critical thinking, such as problem-solving, perception, and the nature of beliefs. Thinking Activities, thematic boxes, and writing assignments encourage active participation and prompt you and your peers to critically examine each other’s thinking. Thought-provoking and current readings from a wide variety of thinkers get you to think about complex issues from different perspectives. Each chapter ends with self-assessment activities that help you to monitor your own progress as a critical thinker. Important Notice: Media content referenced within the product description or the product text may not be available in the ebook version.
The 8th edition of Lind/Marchal/Wathen: “Basic Statistics for Business and Economics”, is a step-by-step approach that enhances student performance, accelerates preparedness and improves motivation for the student taking a business statistics course. The main objective of the text is to provide students majoring in all fields of business administration with an introductory survey of the many applications of descriptive and inferential statistics. The relevant approach taken in this text relates to the college students today as they will receive the information that is important to them in this class as well as their future careers. Understanding the concepts, seeing and doing plenty of examples and exercises, and comprehending the application of statistical methods in business and economics are the focus of this book.
Revision of Learning Objectives: The learning objectives have been revised to be more specific while the authors have added new ones, identified them in the margin, and keyed them directly to sections within the chapter.
- New Examples: The new examples include more variables and more observations. It presents a realistic business situation. It is also used later in the text.
- New Sections: New sections have been added in various chapters:
- Chapter 9 has been reorganized to make it more teachable and improve the flow of the topics.
- Chapter 13 has been reorganized and includes a test of hypothesis for the slope of the regression coefficient.
- Chapter 15 now includes a graphic test for normality and the chisquare test for normality.
- Excel 2010: New exercises and examples use Excel 2010 screenshots and the latest version of Minitab.
- There are new Excel 2010 software commands and updated Minitab commands at the ends of chapters.
- New Data and Exercises
- Exercises have been reviewed within and at the ends of the chapters. We have added many new or revised exercises throughout. You can still find and assign your favorites that have worked well, or you can introduce fresh examples.
- The exercises that contain data files are identified by an icon for easy identification.
- The Data Exercises at the end of each chapter have been revised.
- The baseball data has been updated to the most current completed season,2010. A new business application has been added that refers to the use and maintenance of the school bus fleet of the Buena School District.
- Chapter Learning Objectives: Each chapter begins with a set of learning objectives designed to provide focus for the chapter and motivate student learning. These objectives, located in the margins next to the topic, indicate what the student should be able to do after completing the chapter.
- Introduction to the Topic: Each chapter starts with a review of the important concepts of the previous chapter and provides a link to the material in the current chapter.
- Example/Solution: After important concepts are introduced, a solved example is given to provide a how-to illustration for students and to show a relevant business or economics-based application that helps answer the question, “What will I use this for?” All examples provide a realistic scenario or application and make the math size and scale reasonable for introductory students.
- Self-Reviews: Self-Reviews are interspersed throughout each chapter and closely patterned after the preceding Examples. They help students monitor their progress and provide immediate reinforcement for that particular technique.
- Statistics in Action: Statistics in Action articles are scattered throughout the text, usually about two per chapter. They provide unique and interesting applications and historical insights in the field of statistics.
- Chapter Exercises: The end-of-chapter exercises are the most challenging and integrate the chapter concepts. The answers and worked-out solutions for all odd-numbered exercises appear at the end of the text. For exercises with more than 20 observations, the data can be found on the text’s website. These files are formatted so that they can be opened in Excel and Minitab.
- Data Set Exercises: The last several exercises at the end of each chapter are based on three large data sets. These data sets are printed in Appendix A in the text and are also on the text’s website. These data sets present the students with real-world and more complex applications.
- Practice Test: The Practice Test that appears at the end of each chapteris intended to give students an idea of content that might appear on a test and how the test might be structured. The Practice Test includes both objective questions and problems covering the material studied in the chapter.
1. What is Statistics?
2. Describing Data: Frequency Tables, Frequency Distributions and Graphic Presentations
3. Describing Data: Numerical Measures
4. Describing Data: Displaying and Exploring Data
5. A Survey of Probability Concepts
6. Discrete Probability Distributions
7. Continuous Probability Distributions
8. Sampling Methods and the Central Limit Theorem
9. Estimation and Confidence Intervals
10. One-Sample Tests of Hypothesis
11.Two Samples Tests of Hypothesis
12. Analysis of Variance
13. Correlation and Linear Regression
14. Multiple Regression and Correlation Analysis
15. Nonparametric Methods: Goodness-of-Fit Tests
Appendices: Data Sets, Tables, Answers
Answers to Odd-Numbered Chapter Exercises and Chapter Tests