Language : Chinese
Published : 2018-08-01
Pages : 163
“Welding Skills, Processes and Practices” is the textbook to support Welding and Fabrication courses and is an ideal training tool to support assessment practice and to underpin concepts and theory. The textbook has been specifically designed to align the major awarding body qualifications in welding and metal fabrication at level 1 and 2 and the comprehensive coverage crosses from techniques and design and testing right down to interpersonal skills, health and safety and customer care.
Robotics is a key technology in the modern world, a well-established part of manufacturing and warehouse automation, assembling cars or washing machines, or moving goods to and from storage racks for Internet mail order. Robots have taken their first steps into homes and hospitals, and have seen spectacular success in planetary exploration. Yet despite these successes, robots have failed to live up to the predictions of the 1950s and 60s, when it was widely thought–by scientists as well as the public–that we would have, by now, intelligent robots as butlers, companions, or co-workers. This Very Short Introduction explains how it is that robotics can be both a success story and a disappointment, and how robots can be both ordinary and remarkable. Alan Winfield introduces the subject by looking at the parts that together make a robot. Not surprisingly, these parts each have a biological equivalent: a robot’s camera is like an animal’s eyes, a robot’s microcomputer is equivalent to an animal’s brain, and so on. By introducing robots in this way this book builds a conceptual, non-technical picture of what a robot is, how it works, and how “intelligent” it is.
Provides a systematic review of modern methods and instruments for measuring environmental parameters
• Profiles the most modern methods and instruments for environment control and monitoring
• Gives an assessment of biotic and abiotic factors and their effect on quality of atmosphere and indoor air, soil, water
• Provides a brief description of the main climatic (pressure, wind, temperature, humidity, precipitation, solar radiation), atmospheric, hydrographic, and edaphic factors
• Covers a wide range environmental methods and instrumentation including those used in the fields of meteorology, air pollution, water quality, soil science and more
• Supplied with practical exercises, problems, and tests that will help the reader to learn more deeply contents of the book
How to plan your future strategy for efficient, cost-saving data management
Businesses have historically treated data protection as an afterthought, as simply making an occasional copy of data that could be used in the future. Today, this attitude is changing rapidly. The ever-increasing amount of data, along with the emphasis on continuous availability, necessitates changes in the approach to data integrity, which results in management and protection becoming much more closely aligned. Digital Data Integrity throws light on the data integrity landscape of the future. It provides the reader with a brief overview of the historical methods and subsequent evolution of data protection. The text shows how the whole subject of data integrity is changing and describes and positions many of the new, enhanced, more intelligent protection technologies and methods.
Digital Data Integrity:
- Takes a unique, forward look at data protection and management, highlighting the paradigm shift from simple backup and recovery to total data management.
- Details recent developments in compliance regulations in an accessible manner.
- Covers enhanced protection technologies such as advanced intelligent synthetic backups, data reduction methods, and data growth – online protection using continuous data protection.
- Explains data life cycle management and data storage, using management, quality of service products and tools to achieve better data management, intelligent allocation of storage, and compliance with regulations.
- Contains information on quality control, looking at SLA (Service Level Agreements), protection by business unit and billing/charge back.
- Unique insight into hot topics such as next generation bare metal recovery and true system provisioning.
This invaluable text will provide system administrators, and database administrators, as well as senior IT managers and decision makers with a thorough understanding of data management and protection.
With contributions from Ray Schafer and Paul Mayer.