Accounting Information Systems International Edition
Out of stock
Student Value Pack: Accounting: An Introduction to Principles and Practice Text Workbook 8th Edition
Accounting: An Introduction to Principles and Practice, Eighth Edition, will be updated to align with the latest Financial Services Training Package. The text addresses units in Certificate III Accounts Administration, Certificate IV Accounting, Diploma of Accounting and Certificate IV Bookkeeping.
This new edition of a bestselling introductory accounting text is aligned to the latest International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) as adopted by the Australian Accounting Standards Board (AASB, and will satisfy the requirements of an increasingly diverse group of students.
Table of Contents
1. Accounting its foundations
2. The accounting equation
3. Transactions, general journals and double entry processing
4. Transactions, specialized journals and double entry processing
5. Separate ledgers for accounts receivable and accounts payable
6. Journals and ledgers for special transactions
7. Management controls over cash
8. The general ledger and financial reports
9. Matching expense and revenueto the accounting period
10. Preparing final reports from a worksheet
11. Advanced management reports and correction of errors
12. Accounting for non-current assets
13. Payroll preparation and accounting entries
The final word on passive vs. active investing
The debate on active investing-stock picking and market timing-versus passive investing-markets are highly efficient and almost impossible to outperform-has raged for decades. Which side is right? In The Quest for Alpha: The Holy Grail of Investing, author Larry E. Swedroe puts an end to the debate, proving once and for all that active investing is likely to prove futile as the associated expenses-costs, fees, and time spent analyzing individual stocks and the overall market-are likely to exceed any benefits gained. The book
- Presents research, data, and quotations that reveal it’s extremely difficult to outperform the market
- Explains why investors should focus on asset allocation, fund construction, costs, tax efficiency, and the building of a globally diversified portfolio that minimizes, if not eliminates, the taking of idiosyncratic, uncompensated risks
- Other titles by Swedroe: The Only Guide to Alternative Investments You’ll Ever Need and The Only Guide You’ll Ever Need for the Right Financial Plan
Investors are on a never-ending search for a money manager who will deliver returns above the appropriate risk-adjusted benchmark, aka the “Holy Grail of Investing.” The Quest for Alpha demonstrates that it’s a loser’s game-while it’s possible to win, it’s so unlikely that you shouldn’t try.
Combining clear explanations of theory, fully worked examples and a comprehensive set of revision questions, Company Accounting and Financial Statements, sixth edition, provides students with an accessible and practical guide to preparing and interpreting company financial reports. Thoroughly updated to incorporate the most recent changes in International and Australian Accounting Standards Company Accounting and Financial Statements, sixth edition, is suitable for students commencing studies in company accounting and also those studying at more advanced levels. The content has been refocused on the Diploma qualification for Accounting by concentrating on the two performance criteria for the one competency unit.
Financial ACCT is an accessible, easy-to-read text that covers the principles of Financial Accounting. The 4LTR press approach to learning the principles of financial accounting, Financial Accounting is the Asia-Pacific edition of a proven, innovative solution to enhance the students’ learning experience. Concise, yet complete, coverage supported by a suite of online learning aids equips students with the tools required to successfully undertake an introductory financial accounting course.