Discussing various aspects of accounting theory by collecting diverse pieces originally published between 1978 and 1994, this volume asks and answers the following questions: * What do the figures from a company’s report actually mean? * To what uses can they properly be put? * Could they be improved? * What effect have they on the outside world?
About the Author
Multivolume collection by leading authors in the field.
Out of stock
This book follows closely to the latest Malaysian Financial Reporting Standards (MFRS). The accounting concepts are concise manner, while the worked examples enable students to apply the concepts learnt. To further enhance student’s understanding, chapters summaries and examination-based exercises (with solutions) are provided at the end of every chapter.
- Chapter 1. Non-current Assets
- Chapter 2. Inventories
- Chapter 3. Non-profit Organizations
- Chapter 4. Correction Errors*
- Chapter 5. Incomplete Record
- Chapter 6. Manufacturing Activities
- Chapter 7. Partnership Account 1
- Chapter 8. Partnership Account 2
Combining clear explanations of theory, fully worked examples and a comprehensive set of revision questions, Company Accounting and Financial Statements, sixth edition, provides students with an accessible and practical guide to preparing and interpreting company financial reports.
Thoroughly updated to incorporate the most recent changes in International and Australian Accounting Standards.
Company Accounting and Financial Statements, sixth edition, is suitable for students commencing studies in company accounting and also those studying at more advanced levels. The content has been refocused on the Diploma qualification for Accounting by concentrating on the two performance criteria for the one competency unit:
FNSACC510A FNSACC504APrepare Financial Reports for Corporate Entities
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Companies
2. Accounting for Share and Debenture Issues
3. Accounting for the conversion of a Business to a Company
4. Finalisation of a Company’s profit and Loss account
5. Accounting for Company Income Tax
6. Appropriation of Company Profits and Changing Shareholders Wealth
7. Corporate Reporting
8. The Cash Flow Statement
9. Consolidated Accounts
10. Consolidation with Non-Controlling Interests