Achieving Food Security in China: The Challenges Ahead
Out of stock
Examples of current events from Australia and New Zealand help explain how discussions on the role of the government can affect the economy. Microeconomics Principles and Practice is concerned with concepts and understanding, which sets it apart from competitor texts.
Simple Program Design with Student Resource Access for 6 Months: A Step-by-Step-Approach 5th Edition
This best-selling publication is designed for readers who want to solve common business challenges through programming techniques. Readers are guided to properly define the problem, divide it into modules, design a solution algorithm, and prove the algorithms correctness, before commencing any program code. By using pseudocode and modern programming techniques, the programmer can concentrate on developing a well-designed and correct solution, and thus eliminate many frustrating hours at the testing phase. This comprehensive and practical text provides thorough coverage and practical examples relating to business applications, and features a consistently structured approach when representing algorithms in hierarchy charts. The text is divided into two sections, the first covering algorithm design in the context of traditional programming and languages, and the second addressing algorithm design in the context of object-oriented programming. Coverage of these two key contexts equips students with the knowledge to solve day-to-day common business programming errors.
Retaining the student-friendly approach of previous editions, Introduction to Econometrics, Fourth Edition, uses clear and simple mathematics notation and step-by step explanations of mathematical proofs to help students thoroughly grasp the subject. Extensive practical exercises throughout–including fifty exercises on the same dataset–build students’ confidence and provide them with hands-on practice in applying techniques.
NEW TO THE FOURTH EDITION:
* An expanded review section at the beginning of the book offers a more comprehensive guide to all of the statistical concepts needed to study econometrics
* Additional exercises provide students with even more opportunities to put theory into practice
* More Monte Carlo simulations help students use visualization to understand the math
* New final sections at the end of each chapter contain summaries and non-technical introductions to more advanced topics
An updated and expanded Companion Website contains resources for students and instructors:
* Data sets
* Gretl, a free econometrics software application
* PowerPoint-based slides with explanations
* A study guide
* Instructor manuals for the text and data sets that detail the exercises and their solutions
* PowerPoint-based slides
* A “Contact the Author” link
Commerce.dot.com has been fully revised and updated, while retaining its original features that proved so popular. It incorporates the four core topics of the NSW Commerce syllabus: consumer choice, personal finance, law and society, and employment issues, while providing plenty of examples to consolidate student understanding. This teacher’s homework book provides additional activities and extension material to complement the core text.