Language : English
Published : 2018-04-20
Pages : 208
Analytics and Big Data for Accountants
Analytics is the new force driving business. Tools have been created to measure program impacts and ROI, visualize data and business processes, and uncover the relationship between key performance indicators, many using the unprecedented amount of data now flowing into organizations. Featuring updated examples and surveys, this dynamic book covers leading-edge topics in analytics and finance. It is packed with useful tips and practical guidance you can apply immediately.
This book prepares accountants to:
- Deal with major trends in predictive analytics, optimization, correlation of metrics, and big data.
- Interpret and manage new trends in analytics techniques affecting your organization.
- Use new tools for data analytics.
- Critically interpret analytics reports and advise decision makers.
The final word on passive vs. active investing
The debate on active investing-stock picking and market timing-versus passive investing-markets are highly efficient and almost impossible to outperform-has raged for decades. Which side is right? In The Quest for Alpha: The Holy Grail of Investing, author Larry E. Swedroe puts an end to the debate, proving once and for all that active investing is likely to prove futile as the associated expenses-costs, fees, and time spent analyzing individual stocks and the overall market-are likely to exceed any benefits gained. The book
- Presents research, data, and quotations that reveal it’s extremely difficult to outperform the market
- Explains why investors should focus on asset allocation, fund construction, costs, tax efficiency, and the building of a globally diversified portfolio that minimizes, if not eliminates, the taking of idiosyncratic, uncompensated risks
- Other titles by Swedroe: The Only Guide to Alternative Investments You’ll Ever Need and The Only Guide You’ll Ever Need for the Right Financial Plan
Investors are on a never-ending search for a money manager who will deliver returns above the appropriate risk-adjusted benchmark, aka the “Holy Grail of Investing.” The Quest for Alpha demonstrates that it’s a loser’s game-while it’s possible to win, it’s so unlikely that you shouldn’t try.
This new edition has been written by Doug Gourlay and David Flanders specifically in alignment with MYOB AccountRight Plus Version 19.7 and MYOB AssetManager Pro v 3.6 Test Drive edition software. The book comes with a DVD containing MYOB AccountRight Plus v19.7 Educational Edition for PC, as well as software for using MYOB on Mac. AccountEdge version 9.6 Education Edition and MYOB AssetManager Pro v 3.6 Test Drive Edition. The DVD also includes UWatch interactive simulation tutorials powered by Adobe Captivate Software, giving students a hands-on demonstration of MYOB v19.7 functionality detailed in the text. Former Chapter 9 Fixed Assets is now available online as are 9 extra revision exercises.