Language : English
Published : 2012
Basic Statistics for Business and Economics 8th International Edition
The 8th edition of Lind/Marchal/Wathen: “Basic Statistics for Business and Economics”, is a step-by-step approach that enhances student performance, accelerates preparedness and improves motivation for the student taking a business statistics course. The main objective of the text is to provide students majoring in all fields of business administration with an introductory survey of the many applications of descriptive and inferential statistics. The relevant approach taken in this text relates to the college students today as they will receive the information that is important to them in this class as well as their future careers. Understanding the concepts, seeing and doing plenty of examples and exercises, and comprehending the application of statistical methods in business and economics are the focus of this book.
Revision of Learning Objectives: The learning objectives have been revised to be more specific while the authors have added new ones, identified them in the margin, and keyed them directly to sections within the chapter.
- New Examples: The new examples include more variables and more observations. It presents a realistic business situation. It is also used later in the text.
- New Sections: New sections have been added in various chapters:
- Chapter 9 has been reorganized to make it more teachable and improve the flow of the topics.
- Chapter 13 has been reorganized and includes a test of hypothesis for the slope of the regression coefficient.
- Chapter 15 now includes a graphic test for normality and the chisquare test for normality.
- Excel 2010: New exercises and examples use Excel 2010 screenshots and the latest version of Minitab.
- There are new Excel 2010 software commands and updated Minitab commands at the ends of chapters.
- New Data and Exercises
- Exercises have been reviewed within and at the ends of the chapters. We have added many new or revised exercises throughout. You can still find and assign your favorites that have worked well, or you can introduce fresh examples.
- The exercises that contain data files are identified by an icon for easy identification.
- The Data Exercises at the end of each chapter have been revised.
- The baseball data has been updated to the most current completed season,2010. A new business application has been added that refers to the use and maintenance of the school bus fleet of the Buena School District.
- Chapter Learning Objectives: Each chapter begins with a set of learning objectives designed to provide focus for the chapter and motivate student learning. These objectives, located in the margins next to the topic, indicate what the student should be able to do after completing the chapter.
- Introduction to the Topic: Each chapter starts with a review of the important concepts of the previous chapter and provides a link to the material in the current chapter.
- Example/Solution: After important concepts are introduced, a solved example is given to provide a how-to illustration for students and to show a relevant business or economics-based application that helps answer the question, “What will I use this for?” All examples provide a realistic scenario or application and make the math size and scale reasonable for introductory students.
- Self-Reviews: Self-Reviews are interspersed throughout each chapter and closely patterned after the preceding Examples. They help students monitor their progress and provide immediate reinforcement for that particular technique.
- Statistics in Action: Statistics in Action articles are scattered throughout the text, usually about two per chapter. They provide unique and interesting applications and historical insights in the field of statistics.
- Chapter Exercises: The end-of-chapter exercises are the most challenging and integrate the chapter concepts. The answers and worked-out solutions for all odd-numbered exercises appear at the end of the text. For exercises with more than 20 observations, the data can be found on the text’s website. These files are formatted so that they can be opened in Excel and Minitab.
- Data Set Exercises: The last several exercises at the end of each chapter are based on three large data sets. These data sets are printed in Appendix A in the text and are also on the text’s website. These data sets present the students with real-world and more complex applications.
- Practice Test: The Practice Test that appears at the end of each chapteris intended to give students an idea of content that might appear on a test and how the test might be structured. The Practice Test includes both objective questions and problems covering the material studied in the chapter.
1. What is Statistics?
2. Describing Data: Frequency Tables, Frequency Distributions and Graphic Presentations
3. Describing Data: Numerical Measures
4. Describing Data: Displaying and Exploring Data
5. A Survey of Probability Concepts
6. Discrete Probability Distributions
7. Continuous Probability Distributions
8. Sampling Methods and the Central Limit Theorem
9. Estimation and Confidence Intervals
10. One-Sample Tests of Hypothesis
11.Two Samples Tests of Hypothesis
12. Analysis of Variance
13. Correlation and Linear Regression
14. Multiple Regression and Correlation Analysis
15. Nonparametric Methods: Goodness-of-Fit Tests
Appendices: Data Sets, Tables, Answers
Answers to Odd-Numbered Chapter Exercises and Chapter Tests
Out of stock
Company Accounting, 10th edition has been thoroughly updated to reflect the various and ongoing reforms as a result of Australia’s adoption of international financial reporting standards. Containing several all-new chapters, this edition provides an authoritative and reliable overview of the various changes required within the Framework and a selection of key accounting standards governing corporate entities. The text provides students with a comprehensive overview of the practice and principles of company accounting, and helps them develop the practical grounding to reinforce their understanding. The 10th edition presents essential ‘must know’ information on accounting for a corporate entity and the requirements for externally disclosing the financial position of the entity. Company Accounting, 10th Edition retains the hallmark features seen in previous editions of the title, including a high attention to detail, practical application of accounting standards, provision of a conceptual basis, and depth of analysis.
Unrivalled in the way it makes the teaching of statistics compelling and accessible to even the most anxious of students, the only statistics textbook you and your students will ever need just got better! Lecturers/instructors – request a free digital inspection copy here or, if outside of Europe, here With a little help from his weird band of characters, Andy Field has transformed the way students engage with statistics. The Fourth Edition of the award-winning book continues, with its unique blend of humour and collection of bizarre examples, to bring statistics – from first principles to advanced concepts – well and truly to life using IBM SPSS Statistics. WebAssign(R) – manage and monitor your student’s progress quickly and easily online Choose to use WebAssign(R) alongside the new Fourth Edition of Andy Field’s textbook and in moments you can set up courses and schedule assignments (using the 2000 questions available) and track individual performance so you can spot in an instant where more instruction or practice is needed. WebAssign(R) lets you set questions for your students to practise over and over again. They get instant feedback and also links to the relevant chapter or section in the integral ebook to help them work out the correct solution. Contact your local SAGE representative for more details SAGE MobileStudy – study where and when you like Scan any QR code within the book to access revision material on a smartphone or tablet such as Cramming Sam’s Study tips, flashcard glossaries, interactive multiple choice questionnaires and more. Click here to take a look (if you’re accessing the site from a desktop you’ll be taken to the Companion Website instead; look out for the MobileStudy icon to show you which pages are also available on the MobileStudy site). See how Andy’s book is changing the landscape for textbooks through the use of technology! Support materials for a wide range of disciplines Education and Sport Sciences lecturer support materials with enhanced ones for Psychology, Business and Management and the Health Sciences on the enhanced Companion Website make the book even more relevant to a wider range of subjects across the social sciences and where statistics is taught to a cross-disciplinary audience. Other major new updates include: * Now fully compatible with recent IBM SPSS Statistics releases up to and including version 21. * Two new characters! Statistical cult leader Oditi provides students with access to video clips via his Lantern to help further understanding of statistical/SPSS concepts, while Confusius helps students to make better sense of statistical terms. * The enhanced Companion Website offers plenty of lecturer and student material to use in conjunction with the textbook. These include PowerPoints and subject-specific testbanks for lecturers as well as answers to the Smart Alex tasks at the end of the each chapter; datafiles for testing problems in SPSS; flashcards of key concepts; self-assessment multiple-choice questions; and online videos of key statistical and SPSS procedures discussed in the textbook for students. Video Links * Go behind the scenes of the Fourth Edition, and find out about the man behind the book * Watch Andy introduce SAGE MobileStudy * Ask Andy Anything: Teaching stats…and Robbie Williams’ head * Ask Andy Anything: Gibson or Fender * Ask Andy Anything: The one part of the book Andy hated writing
Festival and Special Event Management, 5th edition continues the comprehensive overview of the theory and procedures associated with festivals and special events established in previous editions. The new edition of this market-leading text introduces developments and professional tools, and considers the globalisation and subsequent internationalisation of event management.
The role of marketing and communication, environmental planning, the increasing role of governments through the creation of event strategies, and the different perspectives of event management are all discussed. This edition aims to embrace and extend the growing body of knowledge relating to event management by tracking many of the recent changes and developments in the field. This offers students a current, relevant textbook for their study and professional reference.
ACCT2 Managerial is a fully blended-learning package; the book’s design encourages student engagement through ease of navigation, concise language and descriptions, and clearly highlighted key points, concepts and formulas. The online content adds further depth to student understanding of both theory and application of concepts. ACCT Managerial is the Asia-Pacific edition of the proven 4LTR press approach to managerial accounting, designed to enhance students’ learning experiences. The text is aimed squarely at the preparers/debits and credits method of teaching and is presented in an easy-to-read and accessible style. Concise, yet complete, coverage supported by a suite of online learning aids equips students with the tools required to successfully undertake an introductory financial accounting course. This edition again features the full chapter on sustainability.