Language : English
Published : 2017-11-01
Pages : 529
Blueprints Obstetrics & Gynecology 7th Edition
Clinical high-yield content covers what you need to know for the USMLE, shelf exam, and your Obstetrics & Gynecology rotation! This best-selling Blueprints title is an ideal resource for the obstetrics and gynecology rotation and board preparation. This is the perfect companion for quick study breaks during rotation downtime, with concise chapters that appeal to students who want a review of key concepts, research, and therapies in today’s practice. Blueprints are also utilized by students in physician assistant, nurse practitioner, and osteopathic programs, as well as residents preparing for USMLE Step 3. Features include: Expanded coverage of topics, evidence-based research, therapies, and the latest changes in the management of cervical dysplasia and cervical cancer screening, abnormal uterine bleeding, hypertension in pregnancy, cervical insufficiency, prenatal diagnosis, and preterm labor. Updates on the latest techniques in contraception, sterilization, and hormone replacement, as well as current treatment options for uterine fibroids and ovarian cysts. Updated tables and figures that improve student’s assimilation and retention of information. Case-based clinical vignette questions at the end of each chapter help you review the material and prepare for exams. New and updatedboard-style questions, with full explanations of both correct and incorrect options, increase understanding.
Out of stock
- introduces essential principles underlining modern biotechnology- recombinant DNA technology and protein science
- an invaluable introduction to this fast-moving subject aimed specifically at pharmacy and medical students
- includes specific ‘product category chapters’ focusing on the pharmaceutical, medical and therapeutic properties of numerous biopharmaceutical products.
- entire chapter devoted to the principles of genetic engineering and how these drugs are developed.
- includes numerous relevant case studies to enhance student understanding
- no prior knowledge of protein structure is assumed
The fully revised edition of this highly respected textbook addresses the most important theoretical and empirical debates in the sociology of health and medicine. Chapter by chapter the book examines important issues such as the complexities surrounding health and identity, health inequalities, and the organization and provision of health care. A particular strength of the book is its careful attention to theoretical developments in the field.
The second edition has been rigorously updated to take account of recent theories and evidence in medical sociology. New to this edition are discussions of globalization, individualization, medicalization, new medical technologies and the sociology of the body. The new edition also looks in detail at recent social change and hotly debated explanations for the patterning of health by socioeconomic status, gender and ethnicity. In addition, it examines developments in contemporary health care, including the reconceptualization of patients as consumers.
The result is a text that will be of interest to upper-level undergraduates and postgraduate students in sociology and social policy, as well as students of the allied health professions looking for an in-depth and forward-thinking introduction to medical sociology.
- Chapter 1 Enduring theoretical legacies
- Chapter 2 Contemporary theories of health and medicine in a changing world
- Chapter 3 Feminism, gender theories and health
- Chapter 4 Socio-economic inequalities in health
- Chapter 5 Gender inequalities in health
- Chapter 6 ‘Race’, ethnicity and health
- Chapter 7 Health systems and healthcare in transition
- Chapter 8 Professions in transition
- Chapter 9 The experience of health, illness and healthcare
Thoroughly updated for currency and with exciting new practical examples throughout, this popular text provides the tools, practice, and basic knowledge for success in the biotech workforce. With its balanced coverage of basic cell and molecular biology, fundamental techniques, historical accounts, new advances, and hands-on applications, the Third Edition emphasizes the future of biotechnology and the biotechnology student’s role in that future. Two new features-Forecasting the Future, and Making a Difference-along with several returning hallmark features, support the new focus.
TRUST THE #1 SELLING COMPREHENSIVE REVIEW FOR THE ULTRASONOLOGY EXAMINATION
ACE THE REGISTRY EXAM WITH A COMPLETE REVIEW OF THE CURRICULUM IN A CONCISE NARRATIVE WITH REGISTRY-STYLE Q&A
- The entire ultrasonography curriculum summarized in a concise, readable narrative helps you understand and remember key concepts
- 3,000 review questions with answers that include detailed explanations to reinforce learning
- More than 700 illustrations and clinical images
- New chapters on 3D sonography in obstetrics and gynecology, musculoskeletal ultrasound, and breast sonography
- Written by experienced educators who know what it takes to pass
- Essential for certification or recertification
About the Author
McGraw-Hill authors represent the leading experts in their fields and are dedicated to improving the lives, careers, and interests of readers worldwide
Arthur C. Fleischer, MD, Professor of Radiology and Radiologic Sciences, Professor of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Chief of Diagnostic Sonography, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee In addition to Sonography in Obstetrics & Gynecology, Dr. Fleischer has edited several other books in this field. A seasoned and active educator, he runs nationally recognized sonography courses and is a leading member of the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine group.