Language : English
Published : 2015-07-11
Pages : 1008
C How to Program (Global ed of 8th Revised Edition)
For courses in computer programming C How to Program is a comprehensive introduction to programming in C. Like other texts of the Deitels’ How to Program series, the book serves as a detailed beginner source of information for college students looking to embark on a career in coding, or instructors and software-development professionals seeking to learn how to program with C. The Eighth Edition continues the tradition of the signature Deitel “Live Code” approach–presenting concepts in the context of full-working programs rather than incomplete snips of code. This gives students a chance to run each program as they study it and see how their learning applies to real world programming scenarios. MyProgrammingLab(R) not included. Students, if MyProgrammingLab is a recommended/mandatory component of the course, please ask your instructor for the correct ISBN and course ID. MyProgrammingLab should only be purchased when required by an instructor. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information. MyProgrammingLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. Within its structured environment, students practice what they learn, test their understanding, and pursue a personalized study plan that helps them better absorb course material and understand difficult concepts.
The comprehensive Wrox guide for creating Java web applications for the enterprise
This guide shows Java software developers and software engineers how to build complex web applications in an enterprise environment. You’ll begin with an introduction to the Java Enterprise Edition and the basic web application, then set up a development application server environment, learn about the tools used in the development process, and explore numerous Java technologies and practices. The book covers industry-standard tools and technologies, specific technologies, and underlying programming concepts.
- Java is an essential programming language used worldwide for both Android app development and enterprise-level corporate solutions
- As a step-by-step guide or a general reference, this book provides an all-in-one Java development solution
- Explains Java Enterprise Edition 7 and the basic web application, how to set up a development application server environment, which tools are needed during the development process, and how to apply various Java technologies
- Covers new language features in Java 8, such as Lambda Expressions, and the new Java 8 Date & Time API introduced as part of JSR 310, replacing the legacy Date and Calendar APIs
- Demonstrates the new, fully-duplex WebSocket web connection technology and its support in Java EE 7, allowing the reader to create rich, truly interactive web applications that can push updated data to the client automatically
- Instructs the reader in the configuration and use of Log4j 2.0, Spring Framework 4 (including Spring Web MVC), Hibernate Validator, RabbitMQ, Hibernate ORM, Spring Data, Hibernate Search, and Spring Security
- Covers application logging, JSR 340 Servlet API 3.1, JSR 245 JavaServer Pages (JSP) 2.3 (including custom tag libraries), JSR 341 Expression Language 3.0, JSR 356 WebSocket API 1.0, JSR 303/349 Bean Validation 1.1, JSR 317/338 Java Persistence API (JPA) 2.1, full-text searching with JPA, RESTful and SOAP web services, Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP), and OAuth
Professional Java for Web Applications is the complete Wrox guide for software developers who are familiar with Java and who are ready to build high-level enterprise Java web applications.
“C for Engineers and Scientists” is primarily for freshmen college students in the first quarter or semester learning computer programming language in C with new features in C99, and introduction to object-oriented programming in C , and graphical plotting and numerical computing in C/C interpreter Ch and MATLAB[registered] for applications in engineering and science. It can also be used as a supplementary textbook for upper division undergraduate courses and graduate courses which involve graphical plotting and numerical computing such as linear algebra, differential equations, numerical analysis, etcetera. “C for Engineers and Scientists” focuses on systematic software design approach in C for applications in Engineering and Science following the latest standard developed by the ANSI C/ISO C Standard Committees called C99 which, made C as a general purpose programming language for scientific computing and resolved many deficiencies of C90 for applications in Engineering. Working with the ANSI C Standard Committee, the author had developed a C/C interpreter called Ch, which has received a great reception in the US, Europe and China. Ch contains all MATLAB[registered] features. The book uses Ch as an instructional tool to teach/learn C and C . Ch presents an interactive computing environment so that the students can focus on improving their problem solving skills.
- variable handling given their loosely typed nature
- built-in reference types such as object and array
- object-oriented programing
- powerful aspects of function expressions
- Browser Object Model allowing interaction with the browser itself
- detecting the client and its capabilities
- Document Object Model (DOM) objects available in DOM Level 1
- how DOM Levels 2 and 3 augmented the DOM
- events, legacy support, and how the DOM redefined how events should work
- enhancing form interactions and working around browser limitations
- using the <canvas > tag to create on-the-fly graphics
- the JSON data format as an alternative to XML
- Ajax techniques including the use of XMLHttpRequest object and CORS
- complex patterns including function currying, partial function application, and dynamic functions
- offline detection and storing data on the client machine
Nicholas C. Zakas worked with the Web for over a decade. He has worked on corporate intranet applications used by some of the largest companies in the world and large-scale consumer websites such as MyYahoo! and the Yahoo! homepage. He regularly gives talks at companies and conferences regarding front-end best practices and new technology.
About the Author
Problem Solving with C is intended for use in the C introductory programming course. Created for the beginner, it is also suitable for readers interested in learning the C programming language. ‘ Problem Solving with C continues to be the most widely used textbook by students and instructors in the introduction to programming and C language course. Through each edition, hundreds and thousands of students have valued Walt Savitch’s approach to programming, which emphasizes active reading through the use of well-placed examples and self-test examples. Created for the beginner, this book focuses on cultivating strong problem-solving and programming techniques while introducing students to the C programming language. ‘ MyProgrammingLab for Problem Solving with C is a total learning package. MyProgrammingLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program that truly engages students in learning. It helps students better prepare for class, quizzes, and exams-resulting in better performance in the course-and provides educators a dynamic set of tools for gauging individual and class progress. ‘ Teaching and Learning Experience This program presents a better teaching and learning experience-for you and your students. *Personalized Learning with MyProgrammingLab: Through the power of practice and immediate personalized feedback, MyProgrammingLab helps students fully grasp the logic, semantics, and syntax of programming.*Keep Your Course Current: This edition features a new introduction to C 11 in the context of C 98.*Flexible Coverage that Fits your Course: Instructors can easily adapt the order in which chapters and sections are covered in their course without losing continuity. *Clear and Friendly Presentation: Savitch’s clear, concise style is a hallmark feature of the text, receiving praise from students and instructors alike. *Tried-and-true Pedagogy: A suite of pedagogical tools, enhanced by understandable language and code, has been used by hundreds of thousands of students and instructors. Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyProgrammingLab does not come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyProgrammingLab’ search for ISBN-10: 0133862216/ISBN-13: 9780133862218. That package includes ISBN-10: 0133591743/ISBN-13: 9780133591743′ and ISBN-10: 0133834417 /ISBN-13: 9780133834413. MyProgrammingLab is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor. ‘
About the Author
Walter Savitch is Professor Emeritus of Computer Science at the University of California-San Diego. He received his PhD in mathematics from the University of California-Berkeley in 1969. Since that time he has been on the faculty of the University of California-San Diego (UCSD). He served as director of the UCSD Interdisciplinary PhD program in cognitive science for over ten years. He has served as a visiting researcher at the computer science departments of the University of Washington in Seattle and at the University of Colorado in Boulder, and has been a visiting scholar at the Centrum voor Wiskunde en Informatica in Amsterdam.