Calculus Early Transcendentals 2nd Global Edition
For a three-semester or four-quarter calculus course covering single variable and multivariable calculus for mathematics, engineering, and science majors. This much anticipated second edition of the most successful new calculus text published in the last two decades retains the best of the first edition while introducing important advances and refinements. Authors Briggs, Cochran, and Gillett build from a foundation of meticulously crafted exercise sets, then draw students into the narrative through writing that reflects the voice of the instructor, examples that are stepped out and thoughtfully annotated, and figures that are designed to teach rather than simply supplement the narrative. The authors appeal to students’ geometric intuition to introduce fundamental concepts, laying a foundation for the development that follows. The groundbreaking eBook contains over 650 Interactive Figures that can be manipulated to shed light on key concepts. This text offers a superior teaching and learning experience. Here’s how: *A robust MyMathLab(R) course contains more than 7,000 assignable exercises, an eBook with 650 Interactive Figures, and built-in tutorials so students can get help when they need it. *Reflects how students use a textbook-they start with the exercises and flip back for help if they need it. *Organization and presentation of content facilitates learning of key concepts, skills, and applications.
Out of stock
About the Author
Sanford L. Segal is Professor of Mathematics at the University of Rochester and the author of “Nine Introductions in Complex Analysis”.
About the Author
Gilbert Strang is a Professor of Mathematics at MIT, an Honorary Fellow of Oxford University’s Balliol College and a Fellow and past president of the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM). He won the first Su Buchin Prize from the International Congress of Industrial and Applied Mathematics and the Haimo Prize from the Mathematical Association of America for his contributions to teaching around the world.
Please note that the digital access code that comes with the print book is valid for use in a specific Asia territory only.
CB CourseSmart eBook – The ultimate eBook experience has arrived! Easily access our eBooks with features that will improve your reading experience, and tools to help you take notes and organize your studies.
Designed for the three-semester engineering calculus course, CALCULUS: EARLY TRANSCENDENTAL FUNCTIONS, Sixth Edition, continues to offer instructors and students innovative teaching and learning resources. The Larson team always has two main objectives for text revisions: to develop precise, readable materials for students that clearly define and demonstrate concepts and rules of calculus; and to design comprehensive teaching resources for instructors that employ proven pedagogical techniques and save time. The Larson/Edwards Calculus program offers a solution to address the needs of any calculus course and any level of calculus student. Every edition from the first to the sixth of CALCULUS: EARLY TRANSCENDENTAL FUNCTIONS has made the mastery of traditional calculus skills a priority, while embracing the best features of new technology and, when appropriate, calculus reform ideas.
- Applications–Carefully chosen applied exercises and examples are included throughout to address the question, “When will I use this?” These applications are pulled from diverse sources, such as current events, world data, industry trends, and more, and relate to a wide range of interests.
- Writing About Concepts–Writing exercises at the end of each section are designed to test students’ understanding of basic concepts in each section, encouraging them to verbalize and write answers and promote technical skills that will be invaluable in their future careers.
- MindTap is a fully online, highly personalized learning experience. By combining readings, multimedia, activities, and assessments into a singular Learning Path, MindTap guides students through their course with ease and engagement.
- CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools including quizzes, flashcards, videos, and more.
- EWA helps students develop a deeper conceptual understanding of their subject matter and complete required online homework assignments. Students receive access to a Premium eBook along with immediate feedback and tutorial content, which may include Watch It Videos, Animations, Practice It Questions, Master It Tutorials, Read It Text passages, Chat About It Tutor services, and a Personal Study Plan to aid in the mastery of their course materials.
About the Author
Mircea Pitici teaches mathematics and writing at Cornell University, where he is a PhD candidate in math education. He has edited “The Best Writing on Mathematics” since 2010.