Language : English
Published : 2013-08-16
Pages : 509
“Thorough. Accurate. Reliable. Engaging. These are just a few of the words used by adopters and reviewers of John Santrock’s Child Development. A new Connections theme shows how it all fits together in the the most accurate and up-to-date topically-organized text in the field. Used by hundreds of thousands of students over twelve editions, Santrock’s proven learning system provides a clear roadmap to content mastery. The fully revised thirteenth edition continues with Santrock’s highly contemporary tone and focus, featuring over 1,000 new citations”–
Table of Contents
Part 1: Fundamentals
- Chapter 1. Basic Concepts of Reasoning and Argumentation
- Chapter 2. Diagramming Reasoning: An Introduction
- Chapter 3. Evaluating Arguments
Part 2: Argument Structure
- Chapter 4: Deep Diagramming: Reasons for and Against
- Chapter 5: Forms of Argument
- Chapter 6: Constructing Arguments
- Chapter 7: Reconstructing Arguments
- Chapter 8: Fallacies
Part 3: Tools for Reasoning
- Chapter 9: Categorical Logic
- Chapter 10: Sentence Logic
- Chapter 11: Definitions
Sports in Society is the definitive text for the sport sociology course. Taking a global, issues-oriented approach to the study of the role of sport in society, this text encourages the discussion of current sports-related controversies and helps students develop critical thinking skills.
Introducing the new Cengage Technology Edition
This current, engaging, and practice-oriented text is your complete resource for mastering the many facets of family therapy. In this eighth edition, the authors provide practice-oriented content that will help you become an empathic and effective family therapist. The new edition includes the latest references and contemporary thinking on central issues such as family resiliency, alternative forms of family life today, gender, culture, and ethnic considerations. A new feature, “Thinking like a Clinician,” helps students to reflect on practice issues related to each chapter. This edition also contains the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy Code of Ethics–a great reference that will help you understand the importance of ethical practices.
- The book presents both qualitative and quantitative approaches to family research, providing students with balanced coverage.
- The text’s family life cycle outlook helps students tie family problems to life stages in intact and alternate family organizations.
- Numerous pedagogical features, such as case transcripts, multiple examples, tables, and charts, help students apply the concepts discussed in the text.
- Case studies with transcripts of actual therapy sessions demonstrate practical applications of specific theories.
- In Chapter 3 and throughout the text, the authors present coverage of gender, culture, and ethnicity, in order to help students learn about the importance of being a culturally competent practitioner.
- Located in each chapter, the “Clinical Notes” features draw on the authors’ wealth of clinical experience with couples and families to help students gain a better understanding of the link between theory and practice.
Please note that the digital access code that comes with the print book is valid for use in a specific Asia territory only.
CB CourseSmart eBook – The ultimate eBook experience has arrived! Easily access our eBooks with features that will improve your reading experience, and tools to help you take notes and organize your studies.
Known for its clear, straightforward writing style, comprehensive coverage, strong and current research-based approach, and excellent visuals and tables, this life-span development text offers a topical organization at the chapter level and a consistent chronological presentation within each chapter. Each chapter focuses on a domain of development such as physical growth, cognition, or personality, and traces developmental trends and influences in that domain from infancy to old age. Within each chapter, you will find sections on four life stages: infancy, childhood, adolescence, and adulthood. This unique organization enables students to comprehend the processes of transformation that occur in key areas of human development. Another staple of the text is its emphasis on theories and how they apply to specific topics in each chapter. This new edition also asks students to engage more actively with the content, and includes a clear focus on the complex interactions of nature and nurture in development, more integrated coverage of culture and diversity, and an exciting new media package for both students and instructors.
- The text features an integrated topical and chronological approach to emphasize developmental processes, such as how nature and nurture interact over the life-span to bring about normal developmental changes, as well as create differences among individuals.
- Building on the book’s reputation for a solid research basis, Sigelman and Rider include hundreds of new research references in this edition.
- To help students read with a purpose, learning objectives are now listed at the beginning of each major section.
- MindTap is a fully online, highly personalized learning experience. By combining readings, multimedia, activities, and assessments into a singular Learning Path, MindTap guides students through their course with ease and engagement.