Clinical Pediatric Nephrology 3rd Edition
The third edition of a bestseller, this book provides insight from a wide array of international contributors in the field of pediatric nephrology. Copiously illustrated with photomicrographs and clinical diagrams, the third edition reflects current advances in the field. Each chapter contains a set of questions, directed at helping fellows succeed at the American Pediatric Nephrology Board examination. New information for this edition includes changes in treatment options for hyponatremia, and updates on hyperparathyroidism and transplantation. Text boxes highlight important “take home points” throughout the chapters. Clinical Pediatric Nephrology, Third Edition will be a valuable reference for clinicians in nephrology, pediatrics and urology, and any professional involved in the care of children with renal diseases seeking a reliable contemporary text.
Out of stock
This most widely used textbook in the field has been thoroughly revised and updated to reflect changes in the health care industry and the renewed focus on health care information technology initiatives. Two new chapters cover Federal efforts to enhance quality of patient care through the use of health care information technology and strategy considerations. Additionally, reflecting the increased focus on global health, the book features an international perspective on health care information technology. Case studies of organizations experiencing management-related information system challenges have been updated and several new cases have been added. These reality-based cases are designed to stimulate discussion among students and enable them to apply concepts in the book to real-life scenarios. The book’s companion Web site features lecture slides, a test bank, and other materials to enhance students’ understanding.
- Population dynamics and control
- Air, water, and noise pollution, and other environmental issues
- Program planning, budgeting, management, and evaluation
- Systems thinking and leadership in community and public health
Students will gain insight into the descriptive, inferential, and analytical aspects of community and public health, as well as models, methods, and theories in health education and health promotion. Introduction to Community and Public Health provides the foundation necessary to build the skills of tomorrow’s community and public health leaders.
This textbook is written by a renowned haematologist with more than 30 years of experience in teaching haematology to medical students and whose pedagogical and writing skills are widely admired within the field. Following closely the current curriculum of Imperial College London, medical students, trainee nurses and biomedical science students from other institutions will find the textbook equally suitable, since it includes the core student haematology curriculum as recommended by the Royal College of Pathologists and the British Society of Haematology expert group. This text will be equally suitable for students outside the UK.
The textbook takes a useful, practical approach, incorporating self-evaluation questions and learning objectives that give students not only the information needed to understand the topic but also clear indications on the core knowledge that students are required to know in order to progress within the field of haematology.
Provides a systematic review of modern methods and instruments for measuring environmental parameters
• Profiles the most modern methods and instruments for environment control and monitoring
• Gives an assessment of biotic and abiotic factors and their effect on quality of atmosphere and indoor air, soil, water
• Provides a brief description of the main climatic (pressure, wind, temperature, humidity, precipitation, solar radiation), atmospheric, hydrographic, and edaphic factors
• Covers a wide range environmental methods and instrumentation including those used in the fields of meteorology, air pollution, water quality, soil science and more
• Supplied with practical exercises, problems, and tests that will help the reader to learn more deeply contents of the book