Language : English
Published : 2018-04-19
Pages : 1048
A complete guide to contract law in a single volume: author commentary, carefully chosen cases, and extracts from academic materials complement each other to give students all they need for their undergraduate study of the subject.Comprising a unique balance of 40% text to 60% cases and materials, Contract Law: Text, Cases, and Materials combines the best features of a textbook with those of a traditional casebook. The author’s clear explanations and analysis of the law provide invaluable support to students, while theextracts from cases and materials promote the development of essential case reading skills and allow for a more detailed appreciation of the practical workings of the law.The book is accompanied by an Online Resource Centre which includes: * Extra material with in-depth coverage of topics such as illegality and incapacity* Updates on recent developments in the law* Annotated web links to key sources of information on contract law* Self-test multiple choice questions and answers
Answer your questions and maximise returns with this easy-to-follow tax guide
The Taxpayers Guide 2014 – 2015: 26th Edition is the complete guide to understanding the Australian tax system. Packed with tax-saving strategies and helpful advice, this clear, easy-to-follow guide is essential reading for taxpayers wanting to pay what they owe, but not a cent more. You’ll find invaluable information, excellent advice and practical strategies for maximising returns, fully revised and updated for the 2014 – 2015 tax year. With handy reference tools like tax tables, rebates and offsets at your fingertips, you’ll be able to solve both complex and everyday tax problems quickly and easily. This book brings together almost a century of expertise from Taxpayers Australia in one comprehensive volume.
Taxpayers Australia is a not-for-profit educational organisation dedicated to educating taxpayers on issues relating to tax and superannuation. This guide is the organisation’s one-stop resource for understanding the tax system, providing plain-English guidance toward saving money and avoiding common traps. Comprehensively indexed and organised for easy navigation, the book provides the answers and insight you need in order to:
- Understand income tax rates and deductions for individuals and contractors
- Simplify superannuation and planning for retirement
- Decipher capital gains, investments and trusts
- Solve small business issues and straighten out payroll taxes
Australia’s complex tax system presents many opportunities to miss out on savings. This comprehensive tax resource clarifies complicated guidelines and laws to help you sort out what you really owe. If you’re tired of overpaying but wary of questionable advice, look to one of Australia’s most trusted tax guides—The Taxpayers Guide 2014 – 2015.
Fully revised and updated, the second edition of Introduction to Global Politics places an increased emphasis on the themes of continuity and change. It continues to explain global politics using an historical approach, firmly linking history with the events of today. By integrating theory and political practice at individual, state, and global levels, students are introduced to key developments in global politics, helping them make sense of major trends that are shaping our world.
This is a highly illustrated textbook with informative and interactive boxed material throughout. Chapter opening timelines contextualise the material that follows, and definitions of key terms are provided in a glossary at the end of the book. Every chapter ends with student activities, cultural materials, and annotated suggestions for further reading that now include websites.
Key updates for this edition:
- New chapter on ‘The causes of war and the changing nature of violence in global politics’
- New chapter on ‘Technology and global politics’
- Enhanced coverage of theory including post-positivist theories
- Uses ‘levels of analysis’ framework throughout the text
- New material on the financial crisis, BRIC and Iran
Introduction to Global Politics continues to be essential reading for students of political science, global politics and international relations.
A 4-stage developmental model providing a comprehensive, practical guide to clinical social work supervision
This text is a part of the Advancing Core Competencies series.
Clinical Social Work Supervision: Practice and Process presents a developmental model of supervision that helps supervisors meet the challenges of working with clinicians at different levels, and allows adaptations to style and focus as clinicians grow and change over time.
A better teaching and learning experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience–for you and your students. Here’s how:
- Personalize Learning – MySearchLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Improve Critical Thinking – Students arechallenged to examine their own values, increase their self awareness, and put into practice the concepts discussed.
- Engage Students – Tools and tips, case examples and charts that cover all aspects of clinical supervision.
- Explore Current Issues – Information and tools for handling the management aspects of supervision—from hiring, evaluation, and disciplining of staff; ethics and liability issues; effective time management; self-care.
- Apply CSWE Core Competencies – The text applies the 2008 CSWE EPAS, with critical thinking questions and practice tests to advance student competency.
- Support Instructors – An Instructor’s Manual and Test Bank, Computerized Test Bank (MyTest), Blackboard Test Item File, MySearchLab with Pearson eText, and PowerPoint presentations are included in the outstanding supplements package.
This title brings together all the UK and European practice regarding CMBS transactions. It provides you with detailed coverage of the existing CMBS market post-credit crisis and the restructuring of existing arrangements.