Language : English
Published : 2017
Pages : 101
Criminal Procedure in Singapore
Out of stock
Aristotle asked how one should live one s life. This question is more relevant to us today than it was several millennia ago because the decisions of leaders and other people can have widespread effects not only on the jobs, health and wealth of billions of human beings, but also on the environment.
Every major decision made in business, government and society is fundamentally an ethical one with widespread social responsibility implications. Whether it is the global sale of worthless financial derivatives, the adulteration of milk and infant formula with toxic material or the abuse of technology leading to invasion of privacy, the disregard of ethical principles has resulted in the degradation of the quality of life and dehumanization of the individual.
Written by seven faculty members of the School of Law at the Singapore Management University (SMU), Ethics and Social Responsibility draws upon the scholarship and history of the West and also presents lessons, examples and situations that are relevant to Asia. Originally conceived as a textbook for SMU students reading Ethics and Social Responsibility as a university core curriculum course, the book balances judiciously between theory and practice to allow readers to apply their theoretical understanding of concepts to real-world scenarios. In addition, open-ended questions are included to provoke deeper reflection and discussion, while illustrations and case studies highlight ethical concepts and their applications.
The writers expertly capture the sense of dynamism of ethics and social responsibility and sensitize readers to deal with these issues in the real world.
Answer your questions and maximise returns with this easy-to-follow tax guide
The Taxpayers Guide 2014 – 2015: 26th Edition is the complete guide to understanding the Australian tax system. Packed with tax-saving strategies and helpful advice, this clear, easy-to-follow guide is essential reading for taxpayers wanting to pay what they owe, but not a cent more. You’ll find invaluable information, excellent advice and practical strategies for maximising returns, fully revised and updated for the 2014 – 2015 tax year. With handy reference tools like tax tables, rebates and offsets at your fingertips, you’ll be able to solve both complex and everyday tax problems quickly and easily. This book brings together almost a century of expertise from Taxpayers Australia in one comprehensive volume.
Taxpayers Australia is a not-for-profit educational organisation dedicated to educating taxpayers on issues relating to tax and superannuation. This guide is the organisation’s one-stop resource for understanding the tax system, providing plain-English guidance toward saving money and avoiding common traps. Comprehensively indexed and organised for easy navigation, the book provides the answers and insight you need in order to:
- Understand income tax rates and deductions for individuals and contractors
- Simplify superannuation and planning for retirement
- Decipher capital gains, investments and trusts
- Solve small business issues and straighten out payroll taxes
Australia’s complex tax system presents many opportunities to miss out on savings. This comprehensive tax resource clarifies complicated guidelines and laws to help you sort out what you really owe. If you’re tired of overpaying but wary of questionable advice, look to one of Australia’s most trusted tax guides—The Taxpayers Guide 2014 – 2015.
A 4-stage developmental model providing a comprehensive, practical guide to clinical social work supervision
This text is a part of the Advancing Core Competencies series.
Clinical Social Work Supervision: Practice and Process presents a developmental model of supervision that helps supervisors meet the challenges of working with clinicians at different levels, and allows adaptations to style and focus as clinicians grow and change over time.
A better teaching and learning experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience–for you and your students. Here’s how:
- Personalize Learning – MySearchLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Improve Critical Thinking – Students arechallenged to examine their own values, increase their self awareness, and put into practice the concepts discussed.
- Engage Students – Tools and tips, case examples and charts that cover all aspects of clinical supervision.
- Explore Current Issues – Information and tools for handling the management aspects of supervision—from hiring, evaluation, and disciplining of staff; ethics and liability issues; effective time management; self-care.
- Apply CSWE Core Competencies – The text applies the 2008 CSWE EPAS, with critical thinking questions and practice tests to advance student competency.
- Support Instructors – An Instructor’s Manual and Test Bank, Computerized Test Bank (MyTest), Blackboard Test Item File, MySearchLab with Pearson eText, and PowerPoint presentations are included in the outstanding supplements package.
Campaign Communication and Political Marketing is a comprehensive, internationalist study of the modern political campaign. It indexes and explains their integral components, strategies, and tactics.
- Offers comparative analyses of campaigns from country to country
- Covers topics such as advertising strategy, demography, the effect of campaign finance regulation on funding, and more
- Draws on a variety of international case studies including the campaigns of Barack Obama and Nicolas Sarkozy
- Analyses the impact of digital media and 24/7 news cycle on campaign conduct