Language : English
Published : 2018-01-01
CTE Abnormal Psychology: An Integrative Approach with Access Code + Supplement 8th Edition
Please note that the digital access code that comes with the print book is valid for use in a specific Asia territory only.
CB CourseSmart eBook – The ultimate eBook experience has arrived! Easily access our eBooks with features that will improve your reading experience, and tools to help you take notes and organize your studies.
Known for its clear, straightforward writing style, comprehensive coverage, strong and current research-based approach, and excellent visuals and tables, this life-span development text offers a topical organization at the chapter level and a consistent chronological presentation within each chapter. Each chapter focuses on a domain of development such as physical growth, cognition, or personality, and traces developmental trends and influences in that domain from infancy to old age. Within each chapter, you will find sections on four life stages: infancy, childhood, adolescence, and adulthood. This unique organization enables students to comprehend the processes of transformation that occur in key areas of human development. Another staple of the text is its emphasis on theories and how they apply to specific topics in each chapter. This new edition also asks students to engage more actively with the content, and includes a clear focus on the complex interactions of nature and nurture in development, more integrated coverage of culture and diversity, and an exciting new media package for both students and instructors.
- The text features an integrated topical and chronological approach to emphasize developmental processes, such as how nature and nurture interact over the life-span to bring about normal developmental changes, as well as create differences among individuals.
- Building on the book’s reputation for a solid research basis, Sigelman and Rider include hundreds of new research references in this edition.
- To help students read with a purpose, learning objectives are now listed at the beginning of each major section.
- MindTap is a fully online, highly personalized learning experience. By combining readings, multimedia, activities, and assessments into a singular Learning Path, MindTap guides students through their course with ease and engagement.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Fundamentals
- Chapter 1. Basic Concepts of Reasoning and Argumentation
- Chapter 2. Diagramming Reasoning: An Introduction
- Chapter 3. Evaluating Arguments
Part 2: Argument Structure
- Chapter 4: Deep Diagramming: Reasons for and Against
- Chapter 5: Forms of Argument
- Chapter 6: Constructing Arguments
- Chapter 7: Reconstructing Arguments
- Chapter 8: Fallacies
Part 3: Tools for Reasoning
- Chapter 9: Categorical Logic
- Chapter 10: Sentence Logic
- Chapter 11: Definitions
For over 30 years, instructors around the world have successfully used The Art of Public Speaking to teach the development and presentation of effective speeches. Through personalized and adaptive instruction, the program helps each student think critically, build confidence and make the leap from learning the principles to mastering competent speaking in the classroom and throughout life.
About the Author
Stephen E. Lucas is Professor of Communication Arts at the University of Wisconsin where he has coordinated the introductory public speaking course for almost 25 years. He has received numerous teaching awards, including the Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Teaching and is the author of several books, including “Portents of Rebellion” which was nominated for a Pulitzer Prize. Professor Lucas lives in Madison, Wisconsin with his wife and two sons.
With its step-by-step approach to implementing planned change, emphasis on skill-building, integration of social work values and ethics, and compliance with new accreditation standards, “Understanding Generalist Practice, International Edition” is one of the most comprehensive generalist practice texts available today.