Language : English
Defamation Principles and Procedure in Singapore and Malaysia
This book simplifies a very specialised area of law and considers the latest cases in the area of defamation in Singapore and Malaysia, including defamation cases on the internet. For the first time, here is a legal textbook that provides a step by step guide on the ‘why’ and ‘how’ of procedure and pleadings for a defamation action in Singapore and Malaysia.
Fully revised and updated, the second edition of Introduction to Global Politics places an increased emphasis on the themes of continuity and change. It continues to explain global politics using an historical approach, firmly linking history with the events of today. By integrating theory and political practice at individual, state, and global levels, students are introduced to key developments in global politics, helping them make sense of major trends that are shaping our world.
This is a highly illustrated textbook with informative and interactive boxed material throughout. Chapter opening timelines contextualise the material that follows, and definitions of key terms are provided in a glossary at the end of the book. Every chapter ends with student activities, cultural materials, and annotated suggestions for further reading that now include websites.
Key updates for this edition:
- New chapter on ‘The causes of war and the changing nature of violence in global politics’
- New chapter on ‘Technology and global politics’
- Enhanced coverage of theory including post-positivist theories
- Uses ‘levels of analysis’ framework throughout the text
- New material on the financial crisis, BRIC and Iran
Introduction to Global Politics continues to be essential reading for students of political science, global politics and international relations.
An Introduction to Government and Politics continues with its traditional and trusted framework to equip readers with a comprehensive and logically consistent vocabulary for the study of politics, helping them to better see the relevance of government in their lives. This ninth edition has been streamlined, replacing dated material with current political realities, news events, and approaches in order to better situate the student for discussion about larger political issues. It retains its prominence as an authoritative and accessible text with a historical and “Canadianist” – based approach that appeals to the traditional Introduction to Political Science course.
Table of Contents
Introduction – The Study of Political Science Part One: Basic Concepts Chapter 1: Government and Politics Chapter 2: Power, Legitimacy, and Authority Chapter 3: Sovereignty, State, and Citizenship Chapter 4: The Nation Chapter 5: Political Culture and Socialization Chapter 6: Law Chapter 7: Constitutionalism Chapter 8: Cooperation under Anarchy Part Two: Ideology Chapter 9: Ideology Chapter 10: Liberalism Chapter 11: Conservatism Chapter 12: Socialism and Communism Chapter 13: Nationalism Chapter 14: Feminism Chapter 15: Environmentalism Part Three: Forms of Government Chapter 16: Classification of Political Systems Chapter 17: Liberal Democracy Chapter 18: Transitions to Democracy Chapter 19: Autocratic Systems of Government Chapter 20: Parliamentary and Presidential Systems Chapter 21: Unitary and Federal Systems Part Four: The Political Process Chapter 22: The Political Process Chapter 23: Political Parties, Interest Groups, and Social Movements: The Organization of Interests Chapter 24: Communications Media Chapter 25: Elections and Electoral Systems Chapter 26: Representative Assemblies Chapter 27: The Political Executive Chapter 28: The Administration Chapter 29: The Judiciary Notes Appendix A: Constitution Act, 1867 Appendix B: Constitution Act, 1982 Glossary Index
Fortunately, LSAT For Dummies, Premier PLUS 2nd Edition—now with access to practice tests online prepares you for the LSAT by giving you proven test-taking strategies and ample practice opportunities. From the book you’ll gain the vital tools you need to understand the reasoning behind analytical reasoning, get a handle on logical reasoning, flaunt your talent in the writing section, master reading comprehension, and much more. Plus, go online and study wherever and whenever with free access to additional LSAT practice opportunities; and the ability to create customized practice in the subjects you need to study the most.
- Includes proven strategies to help you identify common pitfalls and increase your score
- Lets you test your skills with practice problems for every question type
- Premier edition offers additional test-taking opportunities online
If you’re an aspiring lawyer and want to put your best foot forward, LSAT For Dummies, Premier 2nd Edition has you covered.
A 4-stage developmental model providing a comprehensive, practical guide to clinical social work supervision
This text is a part of the Advancing Core Competencies series.
Clinical Social Work Supervision: Practice and Process presents a developmental model of supervision that helps supervisors meet the challenges of working with clinicians at different levels, and allows adaptations to style and focus as clinicians grow and change over time.
A better teaching and learning experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience–for you and your students. Here’s how:
- Personalize Learning – MySearchLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Improve Critical Thinking – Students arechallenged to examine their own values, increase their self awareness, and put into practice the concepts discussed.
- Engage Students – Tools and tips, case examples and charts that cover all aspects of clinical supervision.
- Explore Current Issues – Information and tools for handling the management aspects of supervision—from hiring, evaluation, and disciplining of staff; ethics and liability issues; effective time management; self-care.
- Apply CSWE Core Competencies – The text applies the 2008 CSWE EPAS, with critical thinking questions and practice tests to advance student competency.
- Support Instructors – An Instructor’s Manual and Test Bank, Computerized Test Bank (MyTest), Blackboard Test Item File, MySearchLab with Pearson eText, and PowerPoint presentations are included in the outstanding supplements package.