Out of stock
The third edition of this well-used wood, metals and plastic workbook closely matches the new Study Design. The focus of the workbook is on developing and refining key skills, through relevant and engaging activities. Students will buy one book or the other (Nelson Product Design and Technology VCE Units 1-4 Workbook: Textiles) and some of the pages are designed to be directly used as part of their folio. This workbook reinforces the student book material, and gives it practical application.
Provides a systematic review of modern methods and instruments for measuring environmental parameters
• Profiles the most modern methods and instruments for environment control and monitoring
• Gives an assessment of biotic and abiotic factors and their effect on quality of atmosphere and indoor air, soil, water
• Provides a brief description of the main climatic (pressure, wind, temperature, humidity, precipitation, solar radiation), atmospheric, hydrographic, and edaphic factors
• Covers a wide range environmental methods and instrumentation including those used in the fields of meteorology, air pollution, water quality, soil science and more
• Supplied with practical exercises, problems, and tests that will help the reader to learn more deeply contents of the book
How to plan your future strategy for efficient, cost-saving data management
Businesses have historically treated data protection as an afterthought, as simply making an occasional copy of data that could be used in the future. Today, this attitude is changing rapidly. The ever-increasing amount of data, along with the emphasis on continuous availability, necessitates changes in the approach to data integrity, which results in management and protection becoming much more closely aligned. Digital Data Integrity throws light on the data integrity landscape of the future. It provides the reader with a brief overview of the historical methods and subsequent evolution of data protection. The text shows how the whole subject of data integrity is changing and describes and positions many of the new, enhanced, more intelligent protection technologies and methods.
Digital Data Integrity:
- Takes a unique, forward look at data protection and management, highlighting the paradigm shift from simple backup and recovery to total data management.
- Details recent developments in compliance regulations in an accessible manner.
- Covers enhanced protection technologies such as advanced intelligent synthetic backups, data reduction methods, and data growth – online protection using continuous data protection.
- Explains data life cycle management and data storage, using management, quality of service products and tools to achieve better data management, intelligent allocation of storage, and compliance with regulations.
- Contains information on quality control, looking at SLA (Service Level Agreements), protection by business unit and billing/charge back.
- Unique insight into hot topics such as next generation bare metal recovery and true system provisioning.
This invaluable text will provide system administrators, and database administrators, as well as senior IT managers and decision makers with a thorough understanding of data management and protection.
With contributions from Ray Schafer and Paul Mayer.
“MATLAB: An Introduction with Applications 5th Edition” walks readers through the ins and outs of this powerful software for technical computing. The text describes basic features of the program and shows how to use it in simple arithmetic operations with scalars. The topic of arrays (the basis of MATLAB) is examined, along with a wide range of other applications.” MATLAB: An Introduction with Applications 5th Edition” is presented gradually and in great detail, generously illustrated through computer screen shots and step-by-step tutorials, and applied in problems in mathematics, science, and engineering.