Discrete-Time Control Systems 2nd Edition
Out of stock
The purpose of this third edition is to bring together in a single book descriptions of all tests carried out in the optical shop that are applicable to optical components and systems. This book is intended for the specialist as well as the non-specialist engaged in optical shop testing. There is currently a great deal of research being done in optical engineering. Making this new edition very timely.
About the Author
Daniel Malacara, PhD, is a Professor at the Centro de Investigaciones en Optica, Leon, Gto, Mexico. A designer and constructor of optical instruments, including telescopes, he is well known for his books, including Optical Shop Testing, which has been translated into several languages. Dr. Malacara is a Fellow of the Optical Society of America and of SPIE, the International Society of Optical Engineering.
How to plan your future strategy for efficient, cost-saving data management
Businesses have historically treated data protection as an afterthought, as simply making an occasional copy of data that could be used in the future. Today, this attitude is changing rapidly. The ever-increasing amount of data, along with the emphasis on continuous availability, necessitates changes in the approach to data integrity, which results in management and protection becoming much more closely aligned. Digital Data Integrity throws light on the data integrity landscape of the future. It provides the reader with a brief overview of the historical methods and subsequent evolution of data protection. The text shows how the whole subject of data integrity is changing and describes and positions many of the new, enhanced, more intelligent protection technologies and methods.
Digital Data Integrity:
- Takes a unique, forward look at data protection and management, highlighting the paradigm shift from simple backup and recovery to total data management.
- Details recent developments in compliance regulations in an accessible manner.
- Covers enhanced protection technologies such as advanced intelligent synthetic backups, data reduction methods, and data growth – online protection using continuous data protection.
- Explains data life cycle management and data storage, using management, quality of service products and tools to achieve better data management, intelligent allocation of storage, and compliance with regulations.
- Contains information on quality control, looking at SLA (Service Level Agreements), protection by business unit and billing/charge back.
- Unique insight into hot topics such as next generation bare metal recovery and true system provisioning.
This invaluable text will provide system administrators, and database administrators, as well as senior IT managers and decision makers with a thorough understanding of data management and protection.
With contributions from Ray Schafer and Paul Mayer.
The Seventh Edition of Statistical Quality Control provides a comprehensive treatment of the major aspects of using statistical methodology for quality control and improvement. Both traditional and modern methods are presented, including state-of-the-art techniques for statistical process monitoring and control and statistically designed experiments for process characterization, optimization, and process robustness studies. The seventh edition continues to focus on DMAIC (define, measure, analyze, improve, and control–the problem-solving strategy of six sigma) including a chapter on the implementation process. Additionally, the text includes new examples, exercises, problems, and techniques. Statistical Quality Control is best suited for students in engineering, statistics, business and management science or students in undergraduate courses.
“Welding Skills, Processes and Practices” is the textbook to support Welding and Fabrication courses and is an ideal training tool to support assessment practice and to underpin concepts and theory. The textbook has been specifically designed to align the major awarding body qualifications in welding and metal fabrication at level 1 and 2 and the comprehensive coverage crosses from techniques and design and testing right down to interpersonal skills, health and safety and customer care.