ebook code will be sent via email within 3 working days.
eBook Financial & Managerial Accounting 19th Edition
Financial and Managerial Accounting: The Basis for Business Decisions continues to offer a solid foundation for students who are learning basic accounting concepts. Known for giving equal weight to financial and managerial topics, the authors emphasize the need for a strong foundation in both aspects of accounting. The authors made data driven revisions focusing on where students were struggling and updated content accordingly. Updates have also been made to the high-quality end of chapter problems and new revenue recognition standards.
The final word on passive vs. active investing
The debate on active investing-stock picking and market timing-versus passive investing-markets are highly efficient and almost impossible to outperform-has raged for decades. Which side is right? In The Quest for Alpha: The Holy Grail of Investing, author Larry E. Swedroe puts an end to the debate, proving once and for all that active investing is likely to prove futile as the associated expenses-costs, fees, and time spent analyzing individual stocks and the overall market-are likely to exceed any benefits gained. The book
- Presents research, data, and quotations that reveal it’s extremely difficult to outperform the market
- Explains why investors should focus on asset allocation, fund construction, costs, tax efficiency, and the building of a globally diversified portfolio that minimizes, if not eliminates, the taking of idiosyncratic, uncompensated risks
- Other titles by Swedroe: The Only Guide to Alternative Investments You’ll Ever Need and The Only Guide You’ll Ever Need for the Right Financial Plan
Investors are on a never-ending search for a money manager who will deliver returns above the appropriate risk-adjusted benchmark, aka the “Holy Grail of Investing.” The Quest for Alpha demonstrates that it’s a loser’s game-while it’s possible to win, it’s so unlikely that you shouldn’t try.
Student Value Pack: Accounting: An Introduction to Principles and Practice Text Workbook 8th Edition
Accounting: An Introduction to Principles and Practice, Eighth Edition, will be updated to align with the latest Financial Services Training Package. The text addresses units in Certificate III Accounts Administration, Certificate IV Accounting, Diploma of Accounting and Certificate IV Bookkeeping.
This new edition of a bestselling introductory accounting text is aligned to the latest International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) as adopted by the Australian Accounting Standards Board (AASB, and will satisfy the requirements of an increasingly diverse group of students.
Table of Contents
1. Accounting its foundations
2. The accounting equation
3. Transactions, general journals and double entry processing
4. Transactions, specialized journals and double entry processing
5. Separate ledgers for accounts receivable and accounts payable
6. Journals and ledgers for special transactions
7. Management controls over cash
8. The general ledger and financial reports
9. Matching expense and revenueto the accounting period
10. Preparing final reports from a worksheet
11. Advanced management reports and correction of errors
12. Accounting for non-current assets
13. Payroll preparation and accounting entries