Language : English
Published : 2013-07-17
Pages : 608
Ebook PNIE Social Research Methods 7th International Edition
Social Research Methods: Qualitative and Quantitative Methods 7e is a highly regarded text that presents a comprehensive and balanced introduction to both qualitative and quantitative approaches to social research with an emphasis on the benefits of combining various approaches. New this edition: MyResearchKit–Social Research Methods 7E can be packaged with this text at no additional cost (ISBN: 0205751342) or purchased separately. MyResearchKit includes: * Multiple-choice practice test questions* Flashcards of key terms* Short research exercises (previously in the workbook)*Social Explorer: census data from 1790 – present* A “Social Research in the News” blog*Writing tutorial: covers documenting sources, avoiding plagiarism, and various kinds of writing assignments (literature reviews, abstracts, research proposals, etc.)*MySearchLab: a search engine for retrieving scholarly research articles from hundreds of academic journals.
Language : English
For over 30 years, instructors around the world have successfully used The Art of Public Speaking to teach the development and presentation of effective speeches. Through personalized and adaptive instruction, the program helps each student think critically, build confidence and make the leap from learning the principles to mastering competent speaking in the classroom and throughout life.
About the Author
Stephen E. Lucas is Professor of Communication Arts at the University of Wisconsin where he has coordinated the introductory public speaking course for almost 25 years. He has received numerous teaching awards, including the Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Teaching and is the author of several books, including “Portents of Rebellion” which was nominated for a Pulitzer Prize. Professor Lucas lives in Madison, Wisconsin with his wife and two sons.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Fundamentals
- Chapter 1. Basic Concepts of Reasoning and Argumentation
- Chapter 2. Diagramming Reasoning: An Introduction
- Chapter 3. Evaluating Arguments
Part 2: Argument Structure
- Chapter 4: Deep Diagramming: Reasons for and Against
- Chapter 5: Forms of Argument
- Chapter 6: Constructing Arguments
- Chapter 7: Reconstructing Arguments
- Chapter 8: Fallacies
Part 3: Tools for Reasoning
- Chapter 9: Categorical Logic
- Chapter 10: Sentence Logic
- Chapter 11: Definitions
With its step-by-step approach to implementing planned change, emphasis on skill-building, integration of social work values and ethics, and compliance with new accreditation standards, “Understanding Generalist Practice, International Edition” is one of the most comprehensive generalist practice texts available today.
CTE Invitation to Public Speaking – National Geographic Edition with CB CourseSmart eBook 5th Edition
Please note that the digital access code that comes with the print book is valid for use in a specific Asia territory only.
CB CourseSmart eBook – The ultimate eBook experience has arrived! Easily access our eBooks with features that will improve your reading experience, and tools to help you take notes and organize your studies.
INVITATION TO PUBLIC SPEAKING was designed to provide you with solid public speaking skills that will serve you well. This text shows you the power and importance of public speaking in your life as well as in the community. This special National Geographic Learning edition includes dynamic and exciting stories and tips from young people who are committed to sharing their passion for conservation and learning, accompanied by spectacular National Geographic photographs. Speech-building help and examples of student speeches in every chapter help you understand the basic concepts so that you learn how to give successful speeches.
- Sample student speech outlines and full speeches (with author commentary) provide real-life models for students to follow.
- Practicing the Public Dialogue boxes provide specific exercises and activities for individual or group work.
- Civic Engagement in Action boxes provide real-life stories of how individuals have made a difference in their communities through public activity, including speaking out.
- CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the book. Interactive Video Activities, MindTap™ Reader, and Speech Builder Express™ 3.0 are included.
- MindTap combines all of a user’s learning tools-readings, multimedia, activities and assessments-into a singular Learning Unit that guides the student through the curriculum based on learning objectives and outcomes.