Nelson Systems Engineering VCE Units 1-4 has been thoroughly updated and produced in full colour for better student learning. This comprehensive and useful resource book has two new chapters on digital manufacturing and control systems, and many more photos throughout.
Table of Contents
Introduction The systems engineering process Syllabus outcomes guide 1 Understanding systems Case study 1: Water treatment and recycling system 2 Technology systems in society Case study 2: Manufacturing and technology 3 Energy systems Case study 3: Solar house 4 Mechanical systems 5 Electrotechnology 6 Digital manufacturing 7 Control systems Case study 4: Remote control systems 8 Testing engineering systems Case study 5: Testing flight data systems 9 The systems engineering process Case study 6: Vehicle style and design 10 Production: Equipment, safety and materials Revision tasks A – Z Systems terminology Index
Provides a systematic review of modern methods and instruments for measuring environmental parameters
• Profiles the most modern methods and instruments for environment control and monitoring
• Gives an assessment of biotic and abiotic factors and their effect on quality of atmosphere and indoor air, soil, water
• Provides a brief description of the main climatic (pressure, wind, temperature, humidity, precipitation, solar radiation), atmospheric, hydrographic, and edaphic factors
• Covers a wide range environmental methods and instrumentation including those used in the fields of meteorology, air pollution, water quality, soil science and more
• Supplied with practical exercises, problems, and tests that will help the reader to learn more deeply contents of the book
This highly interactive write-in workbook covers all the essential aspects of level 1 and 2. Welding & Fabrication theory including thorough QCF unit coverage of welding processes, metal fabrication & thermal cutting, as well as engineering materials & operations. Addressing all essential aspects of the qualification, this comprehensive resource is packed full of top quality 3D artwork, engaging tasks and activities and safe, sustainable practice, all of which aim to ensure that each learner fully understands all the fundamental theory required for their qualification. This interactive workbook can be used a stand-alone resource in the classroom or for personal study at home, or an accompaniment to the Welding & Fabrication e-learning programme for a complete blended learning experience.
The third edition of this well-used textiles workbook closely matches the new Study Design. The focus of the workbook is on developing and refining key skills, through relevant and engaging activities. Students will buy one book or the other (Nelson Product Design and Technology VCE Units 1-4 Workbook: Wood, Metal, Plastics) and some of the pages are designed to be directly used as part of their folio. This workbook reinforces the student book material, and gives it practical application.