Essential Surgery: Problems, Diagnosis and Management 5th Edition
Essential Surgery is a comprehensive and highly illustrated textbook suitable for both clinical medical students as well junior surgical trainees, preparing for postgraduate qualifications in surgery such as the MRCS. Covering general surgery, trauma, orthopaedics, vascular surgery, paediatric surgery, cardiothoracic surgery and urology, it incorporates appropriate levels of basic science throughout. The book is ideal for modern clinical courses as well as being a practical manual for readers at more advanced levels. Its main aim is to stimulate the reader to a greater enjoyment and understanding of the practice of surgery.
Out of stock
The intricacies of the human nervous system are of great intellectual and practical interest and importance and are the subject of a large number of life sciences and medical school courses worldwide.
The Brain Atlas: A Visual Guide to the Human Central Nervous System truly integrates modern neuroscience with clinical practice and is now completely revised and updated in its Third Edition. Now more than ever, it is the best available visual guide to human neuroanatomy for undergraduate and graduate medical students, clinicians and psychologists.
It flows logically from surface anatomy to cross-sections, and then on to regional histology, ending with diagrams of the major neuronal systems responsible for the brain’s magnificent array of functions. The book’s five sections cover Background Information, The Brain and Its Blood, Brain Slices, Histological Sections, and Pathways.
The Brain Atlas: A Visual Guide to the Human Central Nervous System, Third Edition features:
- A large number of new images reflecting the latest updates in imaging equipment and techniques
- Unrivalled treatment of brain pathways, including meticulous blood supply maps
- Systematic use of magnetic resonance images side-by-side with corresponding brain slices
- A direct labeling system, including an alphabetical list of terms for each image
- introduces essential principles underlining modern biotechnology- recombinant DNA technology and protein science
- an invaluable introduction to this fast-moving subject aimed specifically at pharmacy and medical students
- includes specific ‘product category chapters’ focusing on the pharmaceutical, medical and therapeutic properties of numerous biopharmaceutical products.
- entire chapter devoted to the principles of genetic engineering and how these drugs are developed.
- includes numerous relevant case studies to enhance student understanding
- no prior knowledge of protein structure is assumed
TRUST THE #1 SELLING COMPREHENSIVE REVIEW FOR THE ULTRASONOLOGY EXAMINATION
ACE THE REGISTRY EXAM WITH A COMPLETE REVIEW OF THE CURRICULUM IN A CONCISE NARRATIVE WITH REGISTRY-STYLE Q&A
- The entire ultrasonography curriculum summarized in a concise, readable narrative helps you understand and remember key concepts
- 3,000 review questions with answers that include detailed explanations to reinforce learning
- More than 700 illustrations and clinical images
- New chapters on 3D sonography in obstetrics and gynecology, musculoskeletal ultrasound, and breast sonography
- Written by experienced educators who know what it takes to pass
- Essential for certification or recertification
About the Author
McGraw-Hill authors represent the leading experts in their fields and are dedicated to improving the lives, careers, and interests of readers worldwide
Arthur C. Fleischer, MD, Professor of Radiology and Radiologic Sciences, Professor of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Chief of Diagnostic Sonography, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee In addition to Sonography in Obstetrics & Gynecology, Dr. Fleischer has edited several other books in this field. A seasoned and active educator, he runs nationally recognized sonography courses and is a leading member of the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine group.
- Population dynamics and control
- Air, water, and noise pollution, and other environmental issues
- Program planning, budgeting, management, and evaluation
- Systems thinking and leadership in community and public health
Students will gain insight into the descriptive, inferential, and analytical aspects of community and public health, as well as models, methods, and theories in health education and health promotion. Introduction to Community and Public Health provides the foundation necessary to build the skills of tomorrow’s community and public health leaders.