Essential Surgery: Problems, Diagnosis and Management 5th Edition
Essential Surgery is a comprehensive and highly illustrated textbook suitable for both clinical medical students as well junior surgical trainees, preparing for postgraduate qualifications in surgery such as the MRCS. Covering general surgery, trauma, orthopaedics, vascular surgery, paediatric surgery, cardiothoracic surgery and urology, it incorporates appropriate levels of basic science throughout. The book is ideal for modern clinical courses as well as being a practical manual for readers at more advanced levels. Its main aim is to stimulate the reader to a greater enjoyment and understanding of the practice of surgery.
Out of stock
- introduces essential principles underlining modern biotechnology- recombinant DNA technology and protein science
- an invaluable introduction to this fast-moving subject aimed specifically at pharmacy and medical students
- includes specific ‘product category chapters’ focusing on the pharmaceutical, medical and therapeutic properties of numerous biopharmaceutical products.
- entire chapter devoted to the principles of genetic engineering and how these drugs are developed.
- includes numerous relevant case studies to enhance student understanding
- no prior knowledge of protein structure is assumed
Do you want to improve standards of practice?
Do you know how to construct examinations so that they are fit for purpose?
Can you give constructive feedback to aid development?
How to Assess Students and Trainees in Medicine and Health will help you develop these vital skills and much more.
This brand new title is an ideal resource for those keen to promote best practice in assessment, evaluation and feedback. From the theoretical basics of medical education to the various types of assessment used today, the book considers the practical issues surrounding assessment, with ‘trouble shooting’ help for those designing and writing assessments.
With hints and tips drawn from experienced medical educators, How to Assess Students and Trainees in Medicine and Health is fully supported by a companion website at www.wiley.com/go/assesshealth containing worked examples and sample exemplar assessments that can be modified for personal use, making this the ultimate guide to mastering assessment, evaluation and development of students and trainees.
Small Animal Internal Medicine for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses is the first comprehensive resource on internal medicine written for the veterinary technician. Organized by body system, each chapter discusses pertinent diseases, from clinical signs, diagnostic testing, and prevalence to treatment options and nursing considerations. Published in association with the Academy of Internal Medicine for Veterinary Technicians, this book offers both a thorough grounding in the foundations of internal medicine for students and new veterinary technicians and detailed, advanced information suitable for experienced veterinary technicians.
Coverage includes an overview of neurological disorders and discussion of the surgical, emergency, and nursing considerations for each condition. This complete reference, which includes a companion website with quizzes, images, and video clips, is essential reading for veterinary technician students, practicing technicians, and those studying for the AIMVT specialty exam.
TRUST THE #1 SELLING COMPREHENSIVE REVIEW FOR THE ULTRASONOLOGY EXAMINATION
ACE THE REGISTRY EXAM WITH A COMPLETE REVIEW OF THE CURRICULUM IN A CONCISE NARRATIVE WITH REGISTRY-STYLE Q&A
- The entire ultrasonography curriculum summarized in a concise, readable narrative helps you understand and remember key concepts
- 3,000 review questions with answers that include detailed explanations to reinforce learning
- More than 700 illustrations and clinical images
- New chapters on 3D sonography in obstetrics and gynecology, musculoskeletal ultrasound, and breast sonography
- Written by experienced educators who know what it takes to pass
- Essential for certification or recertification
About the Author
McGraw-Hill authors represent the leading experts in their fields and are dedicated to improving the lives, careers, and interests of readers worldwide
Arthur C. Fleischer, MD, Professor of Radiology and Radiologic Sciences, Professor of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Chief of Diagnostic Sonography, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee In addition to Sonography in Obstetrics & Gynecology, Dr. Fleischer has edited several other books in this field. A seasoned and active educator, he runs nationally recognized sonography courses and is a leading member of the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine group.