Essentials of Economics 3rd Edition
Real examples. Real companies. Real business decisions. Many students of first year economics ask themselves “why am I here?” and “will I ever use this?”. Essentials of Economics answers these questions by demonstrating that real businesses use economics to make real decisions every day.
Out of stock
Retaining the student-friendly approach of previous editions, Introduction to Econometrics, Fourth Edition, uses clear and simple mathematics notation and step-by step explanations of mathematical proofs to help students thoroughly grasp the subject. Extensive practical exercises throughout–including fifty exercises on the same dataset–build students’ confidence and provide them with hands-on practice in applying techniques.
NEW TO THE FOURTH EDITION:
* An expanded review section at the beginning of the book offers a more comprehensive guide to all of the statistical concepts needed to study econometrics
* Additional exercises provide students with even more opportunities to put theory into practice
* More Monte Carlo simulations help students use visualization to understand the math
* New final sections at the end of each chapter contain summaries and non-technical introductions to more advanced topics
An updated and expanded Companion Website contains resources for students and instructors:
* Data sets
* Gretl, a free econometrics software application
* PowerPoint-based slides with explanations
* A study guide
* Instructor manuals for the text and data sets that detail the exercises and their solutions
* PowerPoint-based slides
* A “Contact the Author” link
This international edition presents all the standard topics of traditional microeconomic theory while offering a modern approach that reflects the many recent developments in the field.It offers a balance of traditional microeconomic topics while addressing contemporary issues and concerns.
This book is tailored for introductory courses on the Malaysian economy. Spanning eight chapters, the content focuses on the fundamental knowledge of the local economy. Discussions include the history and development of the Malaysia economy, and the various economic sectors of Malaysia. Also, Islamic perspectives have been included throughout the book, giving it a strong local flavour.
Table of Contents
- Chapter1. Introduction to Economic Development
- Chapter 2. Background of Economic Development
- Chapter 3. Socio-Economic Problems
- Chapter 4. Primary Sector: Agricultural Activity
- Chapter 5. Secondary Sector: Industrial Activity
- Chapter 6. Tertiary Sector: Public and Private Sector
- Chapter 7. Population and Employment
- Chapter 8. Foreign Sector: Important and Impacts of Globalization