Language : English
Published : 2019-03-29
Essentials of the Living World 6th International Edition
George Johnson has written this non-majors textbook from the ground up to be an engaging and accessible learning tool with an emphasis on “how things work and why things happen the way they do.” Essentials of The Living World focuses on concepts rather than terminology and technical information, and features a straightforward, clear writing style and a wide variety of media assets to enhance the content of the textbook.
Provides a systematic review of modern methods and instruments for measuring environmental parameters
• Profiles the most modern methods and instruments for environment control and monitoring
• Gives an assessment of biotic and abiotic factors and their effect on quality of atmosphere and indoor air, soil, water
• Provides a brief description of the main climatic (pressure, wind, temperature, humidity, precipitation, solar radiation), atmospheric, hydrographic, and edaphic factors
• Covers a wide range environmental methods and instrumentation including those used in the fields of meteorology, air pollution, water quality, soil science and more
• Supplied with practical exercises, problems, and tests that will help the reader to learn more deeply contents of the book
Comprehensive and informative, the extensively revised fifth edition of Occupational Therapy in Psychiatry and Mental Health is an accessible overview of occupational therapy in psychiatry, providing key information on a range of international models of occupational therapy as well as their practical applications.
The fifth edition includes:
• Case studies throughout to illustrate application of theory to practice
• Coverage of key concepts and issues in occupational therapy
• New material on emerging areas of practice
• Comprehensive information on assessment and treatment for children, adolescents and adults, covering key mental health conditions
Occupational Therapy in Psychiatry and Mental Health is an ideal resource for students in occupational therapy, newly qualified and experienced practitioners, and other allied health professionals seeking an up-to-date, globally relevant resource on psychiatry and mental health care.
The Nelson iScience NSW for the Australian Curriculum series has been designed in consultation with practising teachers from NS W schools. Authored by experienced teachers, this series captures the depth and scope of the NS W syllabus for the Australian Curriculum. This series is designed for the 21st Century classroom, with the integration of Web 2.0 technology suggestions for students for investigating, analysing, summarising and presenting. Higher-order thinking skills, inquiry and student-centred learning are reinforced in every chapter through creative activities and questions that follow Bloom’s revised taxonomy. Teacher resources will be available to support each year level. These are available as a printed teacher book or as the full digital suite through NelsonNet.
To respond to the increasing need to feed the world’s population as well as an ever greater demand for a balanced and healthy diet there is a continuing need to produce improved new cultivars or varieties of plants, particularly crop plants. The strategies used to produce these are increasingly based on our knowledge of relevant science, particularly genetics, but involves a multidisciplinary understanding that optimizes the approaches taken.
Principles of Plant Genetics and Breeding, 2nd Edition introduces both classical and molecular tools for plant breeding. Topics such as biotechnology in plant breeding, intellectual property, risks, emerging concepts (decentralized breeding, organic breeding), and more are addressed in the new, updated edition of this text. Industry highlight boxes are included throughout the text to contextualize the information given through the professional experiences of plant breeders. The final chapters provide a useful reference on breeding the largest and most common crops.
- Up-to-date edition of this bestselling book incorporating the most recent technologies in the field
- Combines both theory and practice in modern plant breeding
- Updated industry highlights help to illustrate the concepts outlined in the text
- Self assessment questions at the end of each chapter aid student learning
- Accompanying website with artwork from the book available to instructors
About the Author
George Acquaah is Dean at Bowie State University. He is the author of four critically acclaimed textbooks, and has received numerous awards, including the prestigious USDA Award for Excellence in College and University Teaching in Food and Agricultural Sciences, and the Millennium Award for Excellence in Teaching, presented by the White House Initiative on Historically Black Colleges and Universities in the US.