Language : English
Published : 2014
Pages : 847
Fundamentals of Digital Logic with Verilog Design 3rd International Edition
Mechanics of Flight is an ideal introduction to the basic principles of flight for students embarking on courses in aerospace engineering, student pilots, apprentices in the industry and anyone who is simply interested in aircraft and space flight. Written in a straightforward and jargon-free style, this popular classic text makes the fascinating topic of aircraft flight engaging and easy to understand. Starting with an overview of the relevant aspects of mechanics, the book goes on to cover topics such as air and airflow, aerofoils, thrust, level flight, gliding, landing, performance, manoeuvres, stability and control. Important aspects of these topics are illustrated by a description of a trial flight in a light aircraft. The book also deals with flight at transonic and supersonic speeds, and finally orbital and space flight.
Provides a systematic review of modern methods and instruments for measuring environmental parameters
• Profiles the most modern methods and instruments for environment control and monitoring
• Gives an assessment of biotic and abiotic factors and their effect on quality of atmosphere and indoor air, soil, water
• Provides a brief description of the main climatic (pressure, wind, temperature, humidity, precipitation, solar radiation), atmospheric, hydrographic, and edaphic factors
• Covers a wide range environmental methods and instrumentation including those used in the fields of meteorology, air pollution, water quality, soil science and more
• Supplied with practical exercises, problems, and tests that will help the reader to learn more deeply contents of the book
The third edition of this well-used wood, metals and plastic workbook closely matches the new Study Design. The focus of the workbook is on developing and refining key skills, through relevant and engaging activities. Students will buy one book or the other (Nelson Product Design and Technology VCE Units 1-4 Workbook: Textiles) and some of the pages are designed to be directly used as part of their folio. This workbook reinforces the student book material, and gives it practical application.
Appropriate for courses in Water Resources, Groundwater and Wastewater The new seventh edition of Water and Wastewater Technology continues its tradition of coverage water processing principles and modern management practices, but now integrates a new emphasis on sustainability throughout. Comprehensive coverage of topics such as: * Water processing * Water distribution * Wastewater collection * Conventional and advanced wastewater treatment * Sludge processing