Genetics Analysis and Principles 5th International Edition
Genetics: Analysis and Principles is a one-semester, introductory genetics textbook that takes an experimental approach to understanding genetics. By weaving one or two experiments into the narrative of each chapter, students can simultaneously explore the scientific method and understand the genetic principles that have been learned from these experiments. Rob Brooker, author of market leading texts in Genetics and Intro Biology for majors, brings his clear and accessible writing style to this latest edition.
Out of stock
Physical Science, Tenth Edition, is intended to serve the needs of non-science majors who are required to complete one or more physical science courses. It offers exceptional, straight-forward writing, complemented with useful pedagogical tools. Physical Science introduces basic concepts and key ideas while providing opportunities for students to learn reasoning skills and a new way of thinking about their environment. No prior work in science is assumed. The text offers students complete coverage of the physical sciences with a level of explanation and detail appropriate for all students. The sequence of chapters in Physical Science is flexible, and the instructor can determine topic sequence and depth of coverage as needed. The materials are also designed to support a conceptual approach, or a combined conceptual and problem-solving approach. Along with the accompanying laboratory manual, the text contains enough material for the instructor to select a sequence for a two-semester course.
This book helps students broaden their necessary skills to actively participate in any science course. An accessible, lively and comprehensive resource, it can be used in the classroom and as a reference.
Comprehensive and informative, the extensively revised fifth edition of Occupational Therapy in Psychiatry and Mental Health is an accessible overview of occupational therapy in psychiatry, providing key information on a range of international models of occupational therapy as well as their practical applications.
The fifth edition includes:
• Case studies throughout to illustrate application of theory to practice
• Coverage of key concepts and issues in occupational therapy
• New material on emerging areas of practice
• Comprehensive information on assessment and treatment for children, adolescents and adults, covering key mental health conditions
Occupational Therapy in Psychiatry and Mental Health is an ideal resource for students in occupational therapy, newly qualified and experienced practitioners, and other allied health professionals seeking an up-to-date, globally relevant resource on psychiatry and mental health care.
Provides a systematic review of modern methods and instruments for measuring environmental parameters
• Profiles the most modern methods and instruments for environment control and monitoring
• Gives an assessment of biotic and abiotic factors and their effect on quality of atmosphere and indoor air, soil, water
• Provides a brief description of the main climatic (pressure, wind, temperature, humidity, precipitation, solar radiation), atmospheric, hydrographic, and edaphic factors
• Covers a wide range environmental methods and instrumentation including those used in the fields of meteorology, air pollution, water quality, soil science and more
• Supplied with practical exercises, problems, and tests that will help the reader to learn more deeply contents of the book