Language : English
Published : 2017-03-17
Pages : 544
For over 20 years, HEALTH PSYCHOLOGY: AN INTRODUCTION TO BEHAVIOR AND HEALTH has remained a leader in the field for its scholarship, strong and current research base, and balanced coverage of the cognitive, behavioral, and biological approaches to health psychology. Accessible and appealing to a wide-range of students — including non-majors — this classic text features a concise writing style, ample pedagogy, and numerous visuals to support your learning and understanding. This edition is updated to reflect the latest developments in the field, and includes many new real-world examples selected for their interest and relevance.
Introducing the new Cengage Technology Edition
This current, engaging, and practice-oriented text is your complete resource for mastering the many facets of family therapy. In this eighth edition, the authors provide practice-oriented content that will help you become an empathic and effective family therapist. The new edition includes the latest references and contemporary thinking on central issues such as family resiliency, alternative forms of family life today, gender, culture, and ethnic considerations. A new feature, “Thinking like a Clinician,” helps students to reflect on practice issues related to each chapter. This edition also contains the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy Code of Ethics–a great reference that will help you understand the importance of ethical practices.
- The book presents both qualitative and quantitative approaches to family research, providing students with balanced coverage.
- The text’s family life cycle outlook helps students tie family problems to life stages in intact and alternate family organizations.
- Numerous pedagogical features, such as case transcripts, multiple examples, tables, and charts, help students apply the concepts discussed in the text.
- Case studies with transcripts of actual therapy sessions demonstrate practical applications of specific theories.
- In Chapter 3 and throughout the text, the authors present coverage of gender, culture, and ethnicity, in order to help students learn about the importance of being a culturally competent practitioner.
- Located in each chapter, the “Clinical Notes” features draw on the authors’ wealth of clinical experience with couples and families to help students gain a better understanding of the link between theory and practice.
About the Author
Danny Dorling is the Halford Mackinder Professor of Geography, Oxford. He is the honorary president of the Society of Cartographers. In 2009 he was awarded the Gold Award of the Geographical Association and the Back Award of the Royal Geographical Society. He appears regularly in TV and radio, writes for the Guardian, New Statesman and other papers. He advises government and the office for national statistics. He is the author of books including: 10 Billion; So You Think You Know About Britain? and Injustice.
CTE Invitation to Public Speaking – National Geographic Edition with CB CourseSmart eBook 5th Edition
Please note that the digital access code that comes with the print book is valid for use in a specific Asia territory only.
CB CourseSmart eBook – The ultimate eBook experience has arrived! Easily access our eBooks with features that will improve your reading experience, and tools to help you take notes and organize your studies.
INVITATION TO PUBLIC SPEAKING was designed to provide you with solid public speaking skills that will serve you well. This text shows you the power and importance of public speaking in your life as well as in the community. This special National Geographic Learning edition includes dynamic and exciting stories and tips from young people who are committed to sharing their passion for conservation and learning, accompanied by spectacular National Geographic photographs. Speech-building help and examples of student speeches in every chapter help you understand the basic concepts so that you learn how to give successful speeches.
- Sample student speech outlines and full speeches (with author commentary) provide real-life models for students to follow.
- Practicing the Public Dialogue boxes provide specific exercises and activities for individual or group work.
- Civic Engagement in Action boxes provide real-life stories of how individuals have made a difference in their communities through public activity, including speaking out.
- CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the book. Interactive Video Activities, MindTap™ Reader, and Speech Builder Express™ 3.0 are included.
- MindTap combines all of a user’s learning tools-readings, multimedia, activities and assessments-into a singular Learning Unit that guides the student through the curriculum based on learning objectives and outcomes.
An integrated language arts approach to literacy development that brings early childhood perspectives on how children learn in pre-kindergarten though grade three, together with explicit teaching of literacy skills and strategies teachers need to make it all work. Pre-service and in-service teachers get a wealth of valuable information for making children active participants in the process of literacy development with this integrated approach to language arts. The book encourages teaching reading, writing, listening, thinking, and viewing at the same time, using each skill to develop the others, and discusses both constructivist problem-solving teaching and more explicit systematic instruction. Through both theoretical and research-based rationales, plus extensive practical applications, renowned author Lesley Mandel Morrow presents literacy development as an active process between children and adults to create meaning and real purpose-and helps pre- and in-service teachers grasp the scope and complexity of early literacy development. This comprehensive, balanced approach to literacy teaching and learning covers oral language development, word study, phonological awareness, phonics, comprehension, listening and writing. The reader is provided with a complete picture of early literacy development.