Language : English
Published : 2018-02-16
Pages : 488
ISE Children 14th Edition
Connecting research and results. As a master teacher John Santrock connects students to current research and real-world application, helping students see how developmental psychology plays a role in their own lives and future careers. Through an integrated, personalized digital learning program, students gain the insight they need to study smarter and improve performance.
CTE Invitation to Public Speaking – National Geographic Edition with CB CourseSmart eBook 5th Edition
Please note that the digital access code that comes with the print book is valid for use in a specific Asia territory only.
CB CourseSmart eBook – The ultimate eBook experience has arrived! Easily access our eBooks with features that will improve your reading experience, and tools to help you take notes and organize your studies.
INVITATION TO PUBLIC SPEAKING was designed to provide you with solid public speaking skills that will serve you well. This text shows you the power and importance of public speaking in your life as well as in the community. This special National Geographic Learning edition includes dynamic and exciting stories and tips from young people who are committed to sharing their passion for conservation and learning, accompanied by spectacular National Geographic photographs. Speech-building help and examples of student speeches in every chapter help you understand the basic concepts so that you learn how to give successful speeches.
- Sample student speech outlines and full speeches (with author commentary) provide real-life models for students to follow.
- Practicing the Public Dialogue boxes provide specific exercises and activities for individual or group work.
- Civic Engagement in Action boxes provide real-life stories of how individuals have made a difference in their communities through public activity, including speaking out.
- CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the book. Interactive Video Activities, MindTap™ Reader, and Speech Builder Express™ 3.0 are included.
- MindTap combines all of a user’s learning tools-readings, multimedia, activities and assessments-into a singular Learning Unit that guides the student through the curriculum based on learning objectives and outcomes.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Fundamentals
- Chapter 1. Basic Concepts of Reasoning and Argumentation
- Chapter 2. Diagramming Reasoning: An Introduction
- Chapter 3. Evaluating Arguments
Part 2: Argument Structure
- Chapter 4: Deep Diagramming: Reasons for and Against
- Chapter 5: Forms of Argument
- Chapter 6: Constructing Arguments
- Chapter 7: Reconstructing Arguments
- Chapter 8: Fallacies
Part 3: Tools for Reasoning
- Chapter 9: Categorical Logic
- Chapter 10: Sentence Logic
- Chapter 11: Definitions
About the Author
Danny Dorling is the Halford Mackinder Professor of Geography, Oxford. He is the honorary president of the Society of Cartographers. In 2009 he was awarded the Gold Award of the Geographical Association and the Back Award of the Royal Geographical Society. He appears regularly in TV and radio, writes for the Guardian, New Statesman and other papers. He advises government and the office for national statistics. He is the author of books including: 10 Billion; So You Think You Know About Britain? and Injustice.
About the Author
Walter Benjamin (1892-1940) was a German-Jewish Marxist literary critic, essayist, translator, and philosopher. He was at times associated with the Frankfurt School of critical theory and is the author of Illuminations, The Arcades Project, and The Origin of German Tragic Drama. Lecia Rosenthal is the author of Mourning Modernism: Literature, Catastrophe, and the Politics of Consolation (Fordham University Press, 2011). She has taught at Columbia and Tufts. She lives in Los Angeles.