ISE Statistical Techniques in Business and Economics 17th Edition
Out of stock
Macroeconomics: Principles and Practice Asia Pacific Edition with Student Resources Access for 12 Months 1st Edition
Macroeconomics, under the authorship of Bruce Littleboy. Littleboy adapts Taylor’s revised reflections on the global financial crisis and how businesses are recovering. Examples of current events from Australia and New Zealand help explain how discussions on the role of the government can affect the economy. Macroeconomics: Principles and Practice is concerned with concepts, intuition and understanding, which sets it apart from competitor texts. Short run approach is introduced first, but there is an early introduction of the long-run, with Taylor’s Spending Allocation Model appearing towards the end.
This book is tailored for introductory courses on the Malaysian economy. Spanning eight chapters, the content focuses on the fundamental knowledge of the local economy. Discussions include the history and development of the Malaysia economy, and the various economic sectors of Malaysia. Also, Islamic perspectives have been included throughout the book, giving it a strong local flavour.
Table of Contents
- Chapter1. Introduction to Economic Development
- Chapter 2. Background of Economic Development
- Chapter 3. Socio-Economic Problems
- Chapter 4. Primary Sector: Agricultural Activity
- Chapter 5. Secondary Sector: Industrial Activity
- Chapter 6. Tertiary Sector: Public and Private Sector
- Chapter 7. Population and Employment
- Chapter 8. Foreign Sector: Important and Impacts of Globalization
This book has a number of pedagogical features that offer the most current and widespread coverage of Malaysian economy. It is written to meet the increasing demand from undergraduate and graduate students to understand the developments in the Malaysian economy over the last 15 years. It provides a detailed exploration of Malaysia’s Macroeconomic structure and also the economic issues of concern to policymakers, academics and industry experts that have changed significantly.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1. Overview of Malaysian Economy
- Chapter 2. Macroeconomic Policies
- Chapter 3. From Tin to Petroleum
- Chapter 4. Development of Agriculture
- Chapter 5. Industrial Policy and Industralization
- Chapter 6. Innovation and Technological Progress
- Chapter 7. Education and Human Capital Formation
- Chapter 8. Trade and Environment
- Chapter 9. Poverty and Income Distribution
- Chapter 10. Affirmative Action and Ethnic Inequality
- Chapter 11. Privatization of Infrastructure Services in Malaysia
Examples of current events from Australia and New Zealand help explain how discussions on the role of the government can affect the economy. Microeconomics Principles and Practice is concerned with concepts and understanding, which sets it apart from competitor texts.