Language : English
Published : 2016-03-31
Pages : 924
Janeway’s Immunobiology 9th Revised Edition
Janeway’s Immunobiology is a textbook for students studying immunology at the undergraduate, graduate, and medical school levels. As an introductory text, students will appreciate the book’s clear writing and informative illustrations, while advanced students and working immunologists will value its comprehensive scope and depth. Janeway’s Immunobiology presents immunology from a consistent point of view throughout-that of the host’s interaction with an environment full of microbes and pathogens. The Ninth Edition has been thoroughly revised bringing the content up-to-date with significant developments in the field, especially on the topic of innate immunity, and improving the presentation of topics across chapters for better continuity.
The Nelson iScience NSW for the Australian Curriculum series has been designed in consultation with practising teachers from NS W schools. Authored by experienced teachers, this series captures the depth and scope of the NS W syllabus for the Australian Curriculum. This series is designed for the 21st Century classroom, with the integration of Web 2.0 technology suggestions for students for investigating, analysing, summarising and presenting. Higher-order thinking skills, inquiry and student-centred learning are reinforced in every chapter through creative activities and questions that follow Bloom’s revised taxonomy. Teacher resources will be available to support each year level. These are available as a printed teacher book or as the full digital suite through NelsonNet.
Provides a systematic review of modern methods and instruments for measuring environmental parameters
• Profiles the most modern methods and instruments for environment control and monitoring
• Gives an assessment of biotic and abiotic factors and their effect on quality of atmosphere and indoor air, soil, water
• Provides a brief description of the main climatic (pressure, wind, temperature, humidity, precipitation, solar radiation), atmospheric, hydrographic, and edaphic factors
• Covers a wide range environmental methods and instrumentation including those used in the fields of meteorology, air pollution, water quality, soil science and more
• Supplied with practical exercises, problems, and tests that will help the reader to learn more deeply contents of the book
Comprehensive and informative, the extensively revised fifth edition of Occupational Therapy in Psychiatry and Mental Health is an accessible overview of occupational therapy in psychiatry, providing key information on a range of international models of occupational therapy as well as their practical applications.
The fifth edition includes:
• Case studies throughout to illustrate application of theory to practice
• Coverage of key concepts and issues in occupational therapy
• New material on emerging areas of practice
• Comprehensive information on assessment and treatment for children, adolescents and adults, covering key mental health conditions
Occupational Therapy in Psychiatry and Mental Health is an ideal resource for students in occupational therapy, newly qualified and experienced practitioners, and other allied health professionals seeking an up-to-date, globally relevant resource on psychiatry and mental health care.