Language : English
Published : 2018-01-01
Pages : 880
Karp’s Cell Biology 8th Global Edition
Provides a systematic review of modern methods and instruments for measuring environmental parameters
• Profiles the most modern methods and instruments for environment control and monitoring
• Gives an assessment of biotic and abiotic factors and their effect on quality of atmosphere and indoor air, soil, water
• Provides a brief description of the main climatic (pressure, wind, temperature, humidity, precipitation, solar radiation), atmospheric, hydrographic, and edaphic factors
• Covers a wide range environmental methods and instrumentation including those used in the fields of meteorology, air pollution, water quality, soil science and more
• Supplied with practical exercises, problems, and tests that will help the reader to learn more deeply contents of the book
Harnessing fungi’s enzymatic ability to break down lignocellulolytic biomass to produce ethanol more efficiently and cost-effectively has become a significant research and industrial interest. Fungi and Lignocellulosic Biomass provides readers with a broad range of information on the uses and untapped potential of fungi in the production of bio-based fuels.
With information on the molecular biological and genomic aspects of fungal degradation of plant cell walls to the industrial production and application of key fungal enzymes, chapters in the book cover topics such as enzymology of cellulose, hemicelluloses, and lignin degradation. Edited by a leading researcher in the field, Fungi and Lignocellulosic Biomass will be a valuable tool in advancing the development and production of biofuels and a comprehensive resource for fungal biologists, enzymologists, protein chemists, biofuels chemical engineers, and other research and industry professionals in the field of biomass research.
About the Author
Christian P. Kubicek is a Professor at the Institute of Chemical Engineering at the Vienna University of Technology, is Head of the Institute’s Research Division of Biotechnology and Microbiology, has authored more than 300 refereed journal articles and more than 20 book chapters, and has served as an editor and editorial board member for several international peer reviewed journals.
Thoroughly updated for currency and with exciting new practical examples throughout, this popular text provides the tools, practice, and basic knowledge for success in the biotech workforce. With its balanced coverage of basic cell and molecular biology, fundamental techniques, historical accounts, new advances, and hands-on applications, the Third Edition emphasizes the future of biotechnology and the biotechnology student’s role in that future. Two new features-Forecasting the Future, and Making a Difference-along with several returning hallmark features, support the new focus.