Language : English
Published : 2017-11-01
Pages : 480
Lippincott Illustrated Reviews Neuroscience 2nd International Edition
Lippincott Illustrated Reviews: Neuroscience presents essential coverage of this core basic science discipline within an integrated framework, bringing neuroanatomy and neurophysiology together and demonstrating how they are applied in a clinical context. It offers all the most popular features of the bestselling Lippincott Illustrated Reviews series, including abundant full-color, annotated illustrations, chapter overviews, an expanded outline format, chapter summaries, and review questions that link basic science to real-life clinical situations. Master state-of-the-art neuroscience information through comprehensive updates reflecting the latest research. Understand the practical applications of basic neuroanatomy and neurophysiology with expanded clinical examples throughout and NEW Clinical Cases at the end of each chapter that guide you to apply your knowledge to clinical scenarios. Visualize neuroscience concepts more clearly with the aid of many new and improved full-color illustrations. Review and assimilate large amounts of complex information via the Lippincott Illustrated Reviews series’ signature outline format. Extend your learning online with access to animations and an interactive question bank.
Out of stock
- introduces essential principles underlining modern biotechnology- recombinant DNA technology and protein science
- an invaluable introduction to this fast-moving subject aimed specifically at pharmacy and medical students
- includes specific ‘product category chapters’ focusing on the pharmaceutical, medical and therapeutic properties of numerous biopharmaceutical products.
- entire chapter devoted to the principles of genetic engineering and how these drugs are developed.
- includes numerous relevant case studies to enhance student understanding
- no prior knowledge of protein structure is assumed
This most widely used textbook in the field has been thoroughly revised and updated to reflect changes in the health care industry and the renewed focus on health care information technology initiatives. Two new chapters cover Federal efforts to enhance quality of patient care through the use of health care information technology and strategy considerations. Additionally, reflecting the increased focus on global health, the book features an international perspective on health care information technology. Case studies of organizations experiencing management-related information system challenges have been updated and several new cases have been added. These reality-based cases are designed to stimulate discussion among students and enable them to apply concepts in the book to real-life scenarios. The book’s companion Web site features lecture slides, a test bank, and other materials to enhance students’ understanding.
- Population dynamics and control
- Air, water, and noise pollution, and other environmental issues
- Program planning, budgeting, management, and evaluation
- Systems thinking and leadership in community and public health
Students will gain insight into the descriptive, inferential, and analytical aspects of community and public health, as well as models, methods, and theories in health education and health promotion. Introduction to Community and Public Health provides the foundation necessary to build the skills of tomorrow’s community and public health leaders.
TRUST THE #1 SELLING COMPREHENSIVE REVIEW FOR THE ULTRASONOLOGY EXAMINATION
ACE THE REGISTRY EXAM WITH A COMPLETE REVIEW OF THE CURRICULUM IN A CONCISE NARRATIVE WITH REGISTRY-STYLE Q&A
- The entire ultrasonography curriculum summarized in a concise, readable narrative helps you understand and remember key concepts
- 3,000 review questions with answers that include detailed explanations to reinforce learning
- More than 700 illustrations and clinical images
- New chapters on 3D sonography in obstetrics and gynecology, musculoskeletal ultrasound, and breast sonography
- Written by experienced educators who know what it takes to pass
- Essential for certification or recertification
About the Author
McGraw-Hill authors represent the leading experts in their fields and are dedicated to improving the lives, careers, and interests of readers worldwide
Arthur C. Fleischer, MD, Professor of Radiology and Radiologic Sciences, Professor of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Chief of Diagnostic Sonography, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee In addition to Sonography in Obstetrics & Gynecology, Dr. Fleischer has edited several other books in this field. A seasoned and active educator, he runs nationally recognized sonography courses and is a leading member of the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine group.