Language : English
Published : 2017
Managerial Accounting: Creating Value in a Dynamic Business Environment 11th Edition
Out of stock
Learning Sage 50 Accounting 2013 by Freedman and Smith will provide students with the easiest and most effective way to master this powerful software package! It provides thorough step-by-step instructions on each module of Sage 50 Premium Accounting. Designed to help students develop transaction-processing and problem-solving skills in the business world, Learning Sage 50 Accounting 2013 uses real-life documents and problem cases. It also has a very comprehensive instructor support package that includes an instructor’s manual, tests, and answer keys.
Financial Accounting and Reporting A Global Perspective with CourseMate and eBook Access card 4th Edition
Now in its fourth edition, this respected and widely used book provides an essential introduction to financial accounting and reporting for business and management students around the world. Written very much from the ‘user’ rather than the ‘preparer’ accounting perspective, the book provides clear and comprehensive guidance on all the complex concepts and issues in accounting and reporting, together with explanation of the more technical aspects of accounting transactions. The book has a strong international perspective (being based on IFRS/IAS) and uses lots of real-life worldwide company financial statements and examples, to enable students to see how issues appear in practice.
The final word on passive vs. active investing
The debate on active investing-stock picking and market timing-versus passive investing-markets are highly efficient and almost impossible to outperform-has raged for decades. Which side is right? In The Quest for Alpha: The Holy Grail of Investing, author Larry E. Swedroe puts an end to the debate, proving once and for all that active investing is likely to prove futile as the associated expenses-costs, fees, and time spent analyzing individual stocks and the overall market-are likely to exceed any benefits gained. The book
- Presents research, data, and quotations that reveal it’s extremely difficult to outperform the market
- Explains why investors should focus on asset allocation, fund construction, costs, tax efficiency, and the building of a globally diversified portfolio that minimizes, if not eliminates, the taking of idiosyncratic, uncompensated risks
- Other titles by Swedroe: The Only Guide to Alternative Investments You’ll Ever Need and The Only Guide You’ll Ever Need for the Right Financial Plan
Investors are on a never-ending search for a money manager who will deliver returns above the appropriate risk-adjusted benchmark, aka the “Holy Grail of Investing.” The Quest for Alpha demonstrates that it’s a loser’s game-while it’s possible to win, it’s so unlikely that you shouldn’t try.
Student Value Pack: Accounting: An Introduction to Principles and Practice Text Workbook 8th Edition
Accounting: An Introduction to Principles and Practice, Eighth Edition, will be updated to align with the latest Financial Services Training Package. The text addresses units in Certificate III Accounts Administration, Certificate IV Accounting, Diploma of Accounting and Certificate IV Bookkeeping.
This new edition of a bestselling introductory accounting text is aligned to the latest International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) as adopted by the Australian Accounting Standards Board (AASB, and will satisfy the requirements of an increasingly diverse group of students.
Table of Contents
1. Accounting its foundations
2. The accounting equation
3. Transactions, general journals and double entry processing
4. Transactions, specialized journals and double entry processing
5. Separate ledgers for accounts receivable and accounts payable
6. Journals and ledgers for special transactions
7. Management controls over cash
8. The general ledger and financial reports
9. Matching expense and revenueto the accounting period
10. Preparing final reports from a worksheet
11. Advanced management reports and correction of errors
12. Accounting for non-current assets
13. Payroll preparation and accounting entries