Language : English
Published : 2016
Pages : 704
Marketing for Hospitality and Tourism Global Edition,7th Edition
Marketing for Hospitality and Tourism, 7/e is the definitive source for hospitality marketing.
Taking an integrative approach, this highly visual, four-color book discusses hospitality marketing from a team perspective, examining each hospitality department and its role in the marketing mechanism. These best-selling authors are known as leading marketing educators and their book, a global phenomenon, is the leading resource on hospitality and tourism marketing. The Seventh Edition of this popular book includes new and updated coverage of social media, destination tourism and other current industry trends, authentic industry cases, and hands-on application activities.
Out of stock
The Wiley Blackwell Companion to Tourism presents a collection of readings that represent an essential and authoritative reference on the state-of-the-art of the interdisciplinary field of tourism studies.
- Presents a comprehensive and critical overview of tourism studies across the social sciences
- Introduces emerging topics and reassesses key themes in tourism studies in the light of recent developments
- Includes 50 newly commissioned essays by leading experts in the social sciences from around the world
- Contains cutting-edge perspectives on topics that include tourism’s role in globalization, sustainable tourism, and the state’s role in tourism development
- Sets an agenda for future tourism research and includes a wealth of bibliographic references
About the Author
Alan A. Lew is Professor in the Department of Geography, Planning and Recreation at Northern Arizona University, USA. He is Editor-in-Chief of Tourism Geographies , and co-author of Understanding and Managing Tourism Impacts: An Integrated Approach (2009), World Regional Geography (2010), and Tourism Geography (2014). C. Michael Hall is Professor in the Department of Management, Marketing & Entrepreneurship the University of Canterbury, New Zealand; Docent, Department of Geography, University of Oulu, Finland; and Visiting Professor at Linneaus University School of Business and Economics, Kalmar, Sweden. He is Co-Editor of Current Issues in Tourism and an Associate Editor of Tourism Geographies . Allan M. Williams is Professor of Tourism and Mobility Studies at the University of Surrey, UK. He is Co-Editor of Tourism Geographies , and co-author of several books, including Critical Issues in Tourism (2002), Tourism and Tourism Spaces (2004), and Tourism Innovation (2008).
- Chapter 1. An Overview of Human Resource Management
- Chapter 2. Human Resource Planning, Recruitment, Selection and Induction
- Chapter 3. Training
- Chapter 4. Managing Employee Performance and Performance Appraisal
- Chapter 5. Payment Systems and working hours
- Chapter 6. Benefits and Rewards
- Chapter 7. Safety and Health at Work
- Chapter 8. Improving Productivity and Employee Commitment
- Chapter 9. Disciplinary Systems and Termination of Service
For undergraduate/graduate-level courses in Hospitality Information Systems, and Hospitality Technology. This text examines technology strategies for the hospitality industry. Exceptionally practical in approach, this edition includes a new chapter on technology in the casino industry and a new chapter on technology for meetings and events. A separate chapter is devoted to planning and investment as students learn what technology exists and how to use it to succeed in the hospitality business.
About the Author
Iain Campbell, a native of Australia, is builder of the Tandayapa Bird Lodge in Ecuador and cofounder of Tropical Birding, which leads bird and wildlife tours around the world. Sam Woods and Nick Leseberg are nature guides for Tropical Birding. Campbell and Woods are the authors of “Wildlife of Australia” (Princeton).