Language : English
Published : 2016-11-24
Pages : 912
Microbiology with Diseases by Taxonomy, Global Edition
For courses in introductory microbiology. Invest in your future: Microbiology Matters. Known for its unique and effective art program, conversational writing style, and author-created Video Tutors, the Fifth Edition of Robert Bauman’s Microbiology with Diseases by Taxonomy consistently emphasizes why microbiology matters, especially in health care. The text provides a mobile-friendly, multimedia learning experience, from new in-text Disease in Depth visual explorations to interactive tutorials. In text QR codes allow instant access to an expanded collection of videos, including 15 new Video Tutors and 6 new Micro Matters animated video cases. The widely used MasteringMicrobiology homework and assessment program offers a greater variety of assignment options such as new Interactive Microbiology tutorials, MicroBooster video tutors, Connecting Concepts coaching activities, and more. MasteringMicrobiology™ is not included. Students, if MasteringMicrobiology is a recommended/mandatory component of the course, please ask your instructor for the correct ISBN. MasteringMicrobiology should only be purchased when required by an instructor. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information. MasteringMicrobiology an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. Interactive, self-paced tutorials provide individualized coaching to help students stay on track. With a wide range of activities available, students can actively learn, understand, and retain even the most difficult concepts.
Out of stock
Provides a systematic review of modern methods and instruments for measuring environmental parameters
• Profiles the most modern methods and instruments for environment control and monitoring
• Gives an assessment of biotic and abiotic factors and their effect on quality of atmosphere and indoor air, soil, water
• Provides a brief description of the main climatic (pressure, wind, temperature, humidity, precipitation, solar radiation), atmospheric, hydrographic, and edaphic factors
• Covers a wide range environmental methods and instrumentation including those used in the fields of meteorology, air pollution, water quality, soil science and more
• Supplied with practical exercises, problems, and tests that will help the reader to learn more deeply contents of the book
This book helps students broaden their necessary skills to actively participate in any science course. An accessible, lively and comprehensive resource, it can be used in the classroom and as a reference.