Mobile SmartLife via Sensing, Localization, and Cloud Ecosystems
Indoor location is one of the two most important contexts (time and location), becoming a key entry for mobile Internet. This book envisions potential indoor location applications, overviews the related state of the art technologies, and presents original patented techniques and open source prototype systems. The tutorial and sample code are provided as a good reference and starting point for readers who are interested in the technique detail.
Out of stock
For undergraduate systems analysis and design courses. This Global Edition has been edited to include enhancements making it more relevant to students outside the United States Kendall and Kendall’s Systems Analysis and Design, 9e, is a human-centered book that concisely presents the latest systems development methods, tools, and techniques to students in an engaging and easy-to-understand manner.
“MATLAB: An Introduction with Applications 5th Edition” walks readers through the ins and outs of this powerful software for technical computing. The text describes basic features of the program and shows how to use it in simple arithmetic operations with scalars. The topic of arrays (the basis of MATLAB) is examined, along with a wide range of other applications.” MATLAB: An Introduction with Applications 5th Edition” is presented gradually and in great detail, generously illustrated through computer screen shots and step-by-step tutorials, and applied in problems in mathematics, science, and engineering.
The best business guide for design professionals just got even better! This revised and expanded third edition includes everything designers need–besides talent–to turn their artistic success into business success. You’ll find information on key issues facing designers from freelancing to managing established design firms. A strong visual focus and to-the-point text take the fear factor out of learning about thorny business realities like staffing, marketing, bookkeeping, intellectual property, and more. These smart business practices are essential to success in graphic, Web, and industrial design. Here are just a few of the things you’ll learn:
• How to get on the right career path
• The best way to determine pricing
• How to avoid common legal pitfalls
• How to manage large projects
• The secrets of efficient design teams
• How to forecast your workload and finances
• Dealing with international clients
• The merging models of ad agencies and design firms
Talent Is Not Enough provides a big-picture context for these and other challenges and shares practical, real-world advice. Since its first publication, the book has become an essential resource for both students and working professionals in these areas and more:
• Design planning and strategy
• Corporate identity development
• Publication and editorial design
• Brand identity and packaging design
• Advertising and promotion design
• Marketing communications
• Environmental design
• Industrial design
• Motion graphics
• Interaction design
• Information design
- Chapter 1. Is There a Security Problem in Computing?
- Chapter 2. Elementary Cryptography
- Chapter 4. Protection in General-Purpose Operating Systems
- Chapter 5. Designing Trusted Operating Systems
- Chapter 7. Security in Networks