Modern Systems Analysis and Design 8th Global Edition
For Structured Systems Analysis and Design courses. Help Students Become Effective Systems Analysts Using a professionally-oriented approach, Modern Systems Analysis and Design covers the concepts, skills, and techniques essential for systems analysts to successfully develop information systems. The Eighth Edition examines the role, responsibilities, and mindset of systems analysts and project managers. It also looks at the methods and principles of systems development, including the systems development life cycle (SDLC) tool as a strong conceptual and systematic framework. Valuing the practical over the technical, the authors have developed a text that prepares students to become effective systems analysts in the field.
Out of stock
About the Author
Wes McKinney is the main author of pandas, the popular open source Python library for data analysis. Wes is an active speaker and participant in the Python and open source communities. He worked as a quantitative analyst at AQR Capital Management before founding an enterprise data analysis company, Lambda Foundry, in 2012. He graduated from MIT with an S.B. in Mathematics.
Written by the inventors of the technology, The Java® Language Specification, Java SE 8 Edition is the definitive technical reference for the Java programming language.
The book provides complete, accurate, and detailed coverage of the Java programming language. It fully describes the new features added in Java SE 8, including lambda expressions, method references, default methods, type annotations, and repeating annotations. The book also includes many explanatory notes and carefully distinguishes the formal rules of the language from the practical behavior of compilers.
Introduction to C Programming is designed to serve as a textbook for students of engineering, computer applications, and computer science for a basic course on C programming. The aim of the book is to enable students to write effective C programs.
The book starts with an introduction to programming in general followed by a detailed introduction to C programming. It then delves into a complete analysis of various constructs of C such as decision control and looping statements, functions, arrays, strings, pointers, structure and union, file management, and preprocessor directives. It also provides a separate chapter on linked list detailing the various kinds of linked lists and how they are used to allocate memory dynamically.
A highly detailed pedagogical approach is followed throughout the book, which includes plenty of examples, figures, programming tips, keywords, and end-chapter exercises which make this book an ideal resource for students to master and fine-tune the art of writing C programs.
This book covers jQuery including a developer-level introduction and an in-depth look into some of the more advanced features. The book focuses on features available as of jQuery 1.7.1. but also tries to incorporate feature support in older versions of the library wherever it is relevant.
- functions that make up the library and usages of the core jQuery functions
- in-depth to select and manipulate HTML elements with jQuery
- the cross-browser ability to bind and manage browser events
- shortcuts jQuery offers for animating components in your web applications including moving, fading, toggling, and resizing elements
- jQuery UI, which is an associated user interface library for jQuery and contains things such as widgets, effects, animations, and interactions
- additional jQuery UI features including moving, sorting, resizing, and selection elements with a mouse
- techniques, best practices, and patterns that you can apply to your code to make it more efficient, maintainable, and clear
- jQuery Template plugin
- authoring jQuery plugins.
- jQuery Deferred Object
- unit testing and detail of the specific unit testing framework created by and used by the jQuery project itself, QUnit.
About the Author