Language : English
Published : 2019-02-08
Pages : 1104
Professional Cooking 9th Asia Edition
The Ninth Edition of Professional Cooking reflects the changing nature of our understanding of cooking and related fields such as food safety, nutrition, and dietary practices, as well as new thinking about how best to teach this material. What has not changed is the core material that focuses on the essentials–the comprehensive understanding of ingredients and basic cooking techniques that are the foundation of success in the kitchen, and the development of manual skills to apply this knowledge.
Pre-Order (3-4 weeks)
On a journey around the world’s most exquisite and diverse range of dishes, from Brittany to Provence, celebrated chef Joel Robuchon presents the very best in French traditional ingredients and recipes. Drawing on twenty years of research, this book explores the French culinary landscape as never before – defining regions by their specific culinary identity and practice rather than sticking to today’s formal administrative divisions. In fifty beautifully illustrated and detailed recipes and featuring over 200 iconic locally produced ingredients, French Regional Food offers you the authentic flavours of France. Recipes include: Grilled Scallops from Brittany, Onion Soup from the famous Les Halles markets of Paris; Macaroons from Bordeaux. Classics of the French repertoire are here too; Cassoulet from Toulouse, Daube de Boeuf a la Dauphinoise, Black Cherry Clafoutis from the Limousin. French Regional Food reveals the traditions behind your favourite dishes, and invites you to explore less familiar places and flavours.
About the Author
JOEL ROBUCHON is a leading international multi-award winning celebrity chef. Named ‘Chef of the Century’ by the Gault Millau guide and winner of ‘Best Restaurant in the World’ by the International Herald Tribune, Robuchon is famous for his intricate and innovative French cuisine. He currently oversees eight restaurants in cities such as London, New York, Tokyo and Hong Kong and his restaurants have garnered a total of 25 Michelin stars – more than any other chef in the world. LOIC BIENASSIS is a specialist in French culinary heritage and gastronomy, and a researcher and historian at the European Institute of the History and Culture of Food, an organisation connected to the University of Francois Rabelais (named after the great food writer) in the city of Tours.
Introducing the new Cengage Technology Edition
UNDERSTANDING FOOD: PRINCIPLES AND PREPARATION is a best-selling food-fundamentals text ideal for an undergraduate course that covers the basic elements of food preparation, food service, and food science. Contemporary and comprehensive in coverage, it introduces students to the variety of aspects associated with food preparation. The Fifth Edition thoroughly explores the science of food through core material on food selection and evaluation, food safety, and food chemistry.
- The text has been thoroughly updated to include the latest research, examples, and techniques related to food principles.
- “Chemist’s Corner” features dive deeper into the scientific principles and methodologies relevant to food preparation and the food industry.
- “How & Why?” features further explain terms, processes, and distinctions important in food science and preparation, answering common questions about the chapter material.
- “Nutrient Content” boxes supply specific data on the nutritional content of different foods.
- “Calorie Control” features explore the energy value of foods and emphasize portion control—a topic of great interest to students both as individuals and as future food service professionals catering to weight-conscious clientele.
- CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools including quizzes, flashcards, videos, and more.
Gisslen’s 6th edition of Professional Baking continues to educate hundreds of thousands of readers with clear, detailed instructions in the theory and techniques necessary to meet the demands of the professional kitchen. The text continues to comprehensively cover baking basics while also offering enhanced coverage of higher-level techniques such as pastry, chocolate, and sugar work. Balancing theory and practice, Professional Baking provides both the understanding and performance abilities needed to progress and develop in a successful baking career.