Language : English
Published : 2017-07-31
Pages : 273
Python for Scientists 2nd Edition
Scientific Python is a significant public domain alternative to expensive proprietary software packages. This book teaches from scratch everything the working scientist needs to know using copious, downloadable, useful and adaptable code snippets. Readers will discover how easy it is to implement and test non-trivial mathematical algorithms and will be guided through the many freely available add-on modules. A range of examples, relevant to many different fields, illustrate the language’s capabilities. The author also shows how to use pre-existing legacy code (usually in Fortran77) within the Python environment, thus avoiding the need to master the original code. In this new edition, several chapters have been re-written to reflect the IPython notebook style. With an extended index, an entirely new chapter discussing SymPy and a substantial increase in the number of code snippets, researchers and research students will be able to quickly acquire all the skills needed for using Python effectively.
Pre-Order (3-4 weeks)
“Big Nerd Ranch provided the training we needed to get hundreds of engineers building skillfully on Android. This book is a great distillation of that training and will be a huge help to anyone looking to ramp up as well.” – Mike Shaver, Director of Mobile Engineering, Facebook
“…a must-have for the developer just starting in Android or ready for more advanced techniques. I was impressed with this book’s content and clarity of presentation. The authors explain simple and complex Android topics with equal ease.” – James Steele, author of The Android Developer’s Cookbook
This book covers jQuery including a developer-level introduction and an in-depth look into some of the more advanced features. The book focuses on features available as of jQuery 1.7.1. but also tries to incorporate feature support in older versions of the library wherever it is relevant.
- functions that make up the library and usages of the core jQuery functions
- in-depth to select and manipulate HTML elements with jQuery
- the cross-browser ability to bind and manage browser events
- shortcuts jQuery offers for animating components in your web applications including moving, fading, toggling, and resizing elements
- jQuery UI, which is an associated user interface library for jQuery and contains things such as widgets, effects, animations, and interactions
- additional jQuery UI features including moving, sorting, resizing, and selection elements with a mouse
- techniques, best practices, and patterns that you can apply to your code to make it more efficient, maintainable, and clear
- jQuery Template plugin
- authoring jQuery plugins.
- jQuery Deferred Object
- unit testing and detail of the specific unit testing framework created by and used by the jQuery project itself, QUnit.
About the Author
The authors provide techniques that bridge the gap between accessing sensors and putting them to meaningful use in real-world situations. They not only show you how to use the sensor related APIs effectively, they also describe how to use supporting Android OS components to build complete systems. Along the way, they provide solutions to problems that commonly occur when using Android’s sensors, with tested, real-world examples. Ultimately, this invaluable resource provides in-depth, runnable code examples that you can then adapt for your own applications.
- Shows experienced Android developers how to exploit the rich set of Android smartphone sensors to build human-interactive Android apps
- Explores Android locational and physical sensors (including temperature, pressure, light, acceleration, etc.), as well as cameras, microphones, and speech recognition
- Helps programmers use the Android sensor APIs, use Android OS components to build complete systems, and solve common problems
- Includes detailed, functional code that you can adapt and use for your own applications
- Shows you how to successfully implement real-world solutions using each class of sensors for determining location, interpreting physical sensors, handling images and audio, and recognizing and acting on speech
Learn how to write programs for this fascinating aspect of mobile app development with Professional Android Sensor Programming.
The professional programmer’s Deitel(R) guide to Java(TM) SE 7 and SE 8 (Java 8) development with the powerful Java(TM) platform ‘ Written for programmers with a background in high-level language programming, this book applies the Deitel signature live-code approach to teaching programming and explores the Java(TM) language and Java(TM) APIs in depth. The book presents’ concepts in the context of fully tested programs, complete with syntax shading, code highlighting, line-by-line code walkthroughs and program outputs. The book features hundreds of complete Java(TM) programs with thousands of lines of proven Java(TM) code, and hundreds of tips that will help you build robust applications. ‘ Start with an introduction to Java(TM) using an early classes and objects approach, then rapidly move on to more advanced topics, including GUI, graphics, exception handling, lambdas, streams, functional interfaces, object serialization, concurrency, generics, generic collections, JDBC(TM) and more. You’ll enjoy the Deitels’ classic treatment of object-oriented programming and the object-oriented design ATM case study, including a complete Java(TM) implementation. When you’re finished, you’ll have everything you need to build industrial-strength object-oriented” Java(TM) SE 7 and SE 8 (Java 8) applications. ‘ Practical, Example-Rich Coverage of: * Java(TM) SE 7 and SE 8 (Java 8) * Lambdas, Streams, Functional Interfaces with Default and Static Methods * Classes, Objects, Encapsulation,’ Inheritance, Polymorphism, Interfaces * Swing and JavaFX GUIs; Graphics * Integrated Exception Handling * Files, Streams, Object Serialization * Multithreading and Concurrency for Optimal Multi-Core Performance * Generics and Generic Collections * Database (JDBC(TM), SQL and JavaDB) * Using the Debugger and the API Docs * Industrial-Strength, Object-Oriented Design ATM Case Study and more. ‘ Visit www.deitel.com * Download code examples * For information on Deitel’s Dive Into(R) Series programming training courses delivered at organizations worldwide visit www.deitel.com/training or’ write to firstname.lastname@example.org * Join the Deitel social networking communities on Facebook(R) at’ facebook.com/DeitelFan,’ Twitter(R) @deitel, Google (TM) at google.com/ DeitelFan,” LinkedIn(R) at bit.ly/DeitelLinkedIn, YouTube(TM) at’ youtube.com/user/DeitelTV * Subscribe to the Deitel(R) Buzz Online e-mail newsletter at’ www. deitel.com/newsletter/ subscribe.html ‘