Language : English
Published : 2013
Pages : 900
Raven Biology of Plants
The eighth edition of this bestselling botany textbook has been updated throughout with the most recent primary literature, eight new ecology-oriented essays, and 175 new illustrations and photographs to keep the presentation as well as the content fresh and engaging. It is an invaluable resource for both students and professionals
Pre-Order (3-4 weeks)
The intricacies of the human nervous system are of great intellectual and practical interest and importance and are the subject of a large number of life sciences and medical school courses worldwide.
The Brain Atlas: A Visual Guide to the Human Central Nervous System truly integrates modern neuroscience with clinical practice and is now completely revised and updated in its Third Edition. Now more than ever, it is the best available visual guide to human neuroanatomy for undergraduate and graduate medical students, clinicians and psychologists.
It flows logically from surface anatomy to cross-sections, and then on to regional histology, ending with diagrams of the major neuronal systems responsible for the brain’s magnificent array of functions. The book’s five sections cover Background Information, The Brain and Its Blood, Brain Slices, Histological Sections, and Pathways.
The Brain Atlas: A Visual Guide to the Human Central Nervous System, Third Edition features:
- A large number of new images reflecting the latest updates in imaging equipment and techniques
- Unrivalled treatment of brain pathways, including meticulous blood supply maps
- Systematic use of magnetic resonance images side-by-side with corresponding brain slices
- A direct labeling system, including an alphabetical list of terms for each image
Provides a systematic review of modern methods and instruments for measuring environmental parameters
• Profiles the most modern methods and instruments for environment control and monitoring
• Gives an assessment of biotic and abiotic factors and their effect on quality of atmosphere and indoor air, soil, water
• Provides a brief description of the main climatic (pressure, wind, temperature, humidity, precipitation, solar radiation), atmospheric, hydrographic, and edaphic factors
• Covers a wide range environmental methods and instrumentation including those used in the fields of meteorology, air pollution, water quality, soil science and more
• Supplied with practical exercises, problems, and tests that will help the reader to learn more deeply contents of the book
Comprehensive and informative, the extensively revised fifth edition of Occupational Therapy in Psychiatry and Mental Health is an accessible overview of occupational therapy in psychiatry, providing key information on a range of international models of occupational therapy as well as their practical applications.
The fifth edition includes:
• Case studies throughout to illustrate application of theory to practice
• Coverage of key concepts and issues in occupational therapy
• New material on emerging areas of practice
• Comprehensive information on assessment and treatment for children, adolescents and adults, covering key mental health conditions
Occupational Therapy in Psychiatry and Mental Health is an ideal resource for students in occupational therapy, newly qualified and experienced practitioners, and other allied health professionals seeking an up-to-date, globally relevant resource on psychiatry and mental health care.
Small Animal Internal Medicine for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses is the first comprehensive resource on internal medicine written for the veterinary technician. Organized by body system, each chapter discusses pertinent diseases, from clinical signs, diagnostic testing, and prevalence to treatment options and nursing considerations. Published in association with the Academy of Internal Medicine for Veterinary Technicians, this book offers both a thorough grounding in the foundations of internal medicine for students and new veterinary technicians and detailed, advanced information suitable for experienced veterinary technicians.
Coverage includes an overview of neurological disorders and discussion of the surgical, emergency, and nursing considerations for each condition. This complete reference, which includes a companion website with quizzes, images, and video clips, is essential reading for veterinary technician students, practicing technicians, and those studying for the AIMVT specialty exam.