Language : English
Published : 2017
Singapore Master Tax Guide 2017/18 36th Edition
The Singapore Master Tax Guide Handbook is the tax reference book that provides guidance to help its readers understand, apply and comply with today’s complex tax laws and changes.
The book presents accurate and legally sound information on the Singapore tax regime, as well as examples, to enhance your understanding of the principles and fundamentals of the Singapore tax system. It helps you to fulfil your tax compliance requirements, avoid penalties and minimise tax risks exposure.
Key Features & Benefits
- Tax risk management – The guidebook provides complete coverage of the tax legislative requirements to mitigate risks of non-compliance.
- Latest developments on tax laws – Keeps you up-to-date with tax laws and ensures you have the knowledge to structure the business effectively to maximise incentive claims and minimise tax liabilities.
- Easy reference – Worked examples help readers to understand and learn the fundamentals of Singapore tax.
- Practical – Information is organised along topical lines to assist users in quickly locating answers to their tax questions.
NEW in This Edition
The key changes cover the following:
- Latest commentary and examples based on the Income Tax (Amendment No 2) Act 2016 and Income Tax (Amendment No 3) Act 2016
- New treaties signed in 2016
- New or revised IRAS circulars issued in 2016
- Selected tax judgments passed in 2016
- Budget Announcement 2017
- Introduction to Singapore Income Taxation
- Basic Tax Concepts
- The Charging Section
- Income from Trade, Business, Profession or Vocation
- Employment Income and Pensions
- Other Sources of Income
- Capital Allowances
- Taxation of Businesses
- Distribution of Corporate Profits
- Taxation of Resident Individuals
- Taxation of Non-Residents
- Relief from Double Taxation
- Clubs and Associations
- Estates, Trusts and Settlements
- Income Tax Administration
- Incentives under the Income Tax Act
- Economic Expansion Incentives
- Tax Avoidance and Evasion
- Goods and Services Tax
Since its inception, An Introduction to Business Ethics by Joseph DesJardins has been a cutting-edge resource for the business ethics course. Desjardins’ unique multidisciplinary approach offers critical analysis and integrates the perspective of philosophy with management, law, economics, and public policy, providing a clear, concise, yet reasonably comprehensive introductory survey of the ethical choices available to us in business.
About the Author
Joe DesJardins is Professor in the philosophy department formed jointly by the College of St. Benedict and St. John’s University in Minnesota. He presently serves as the Executive Director of the Society for Business Ethics. Among his publications are: An Introduction to Business Ethics (McGraw Hill), Environmental Ethics: An Introduction to Environmental Philosophy (Wadsworth), of Contemporary Issues in Business Ethics, co-editor, with John McCall, (5th Ed, Wadsworth) , and the forthcoming Business, Ethics, and Sustainability: Ethics for the Next Industrial Revolution (Prentice Hall). He received his Ph.D. from the University of Notre Dame and taught for many years at Villanova University before moving to Minnesota.
Quantitative Methods for Business Research: Using Microsoft® Excel® with CourseMate and eBook Access Card)1st Edition
About the Author
Gerard Duignan (BBc, DipTchg) has a background in radio programming and management. He combines his role as lecturer in radio at the New Zealand Broadcasting School with his research interest in documenting the history of New Zealand radio broadcasters.
Statistical data analysis is the backbone of sound business decision making. Finding the right tool to analyse a particular business problem is the key to such problem solving. Learning the fundamentals of statistical reasoning and data analysis – you will be on the way to becoming a better manager, analyst or economist. By providing a framework for solving statistical problems, this sixth edition of Australian Business Statistics teaches skills that you can use throughout your career. The book shows you how to analyse data effectively by focusing on the relationship between the kind of problem you face, the type of data involved and the appropriate statistical technique for solving the problem. Business Statistics 6e, emphasizes applications over theory. It illustrates how vital statistical methods and tools are for today’s managers and analysts and how to apply them to business problems using real-world data. Using a proven three-step Identify-Compute-Interpret (ICI) approach to problem solving, the text teaches you how to (1) IDENTIFY the correct statistical technique by focusing on the problem objective and data type; (2) COMPUTE the statistics doing them by hand and using Excel; and (3) INTERPRET results in the context of the problem. This unique approach enhances your comprehension and practical skills. The text’s vast assortment of data-driven examples, exercises, and cases covers the various functional areas of business, demonstrating the statistical applications that marketing managers, financial analysts, accountants, economists, and others use. Learning resources such as CourseMate maximize study time to help you achieve the results you want. Completely up-to-date, the sixth edition offers comprehensive coverage, current examples, and an increased focus on applications in the real world.
How To Be Happy: How Developing Your Confidence, Resilience, Appreciation and Communication Can Lead to a Happier, Healthier You
We all have the capacity to be happy. There may be occasions in your life where this seems a challenging concept, however there are some very definite things that you can do to make sure that you are happy more often than not. After all, happy people get sick less often, they have more energy, are more creative, sustain more positive relationships and are more fun to be around.
With the help of Liggy Webb, you can create your own personal happiness toolkit! How to be Happy will help you feel more self-empowered and in control of any situation, helping you progress in your work and personal life.
You will learn how to:
• Build your self-confidence to make the best of who you are
• Be open to learning new things, to become more effective and creative
• Develop an attitude of gratitude to appreciate life more
• Encourage and sustain positive relationships
• Build your resilience and emotional strength to cope with stress and manage change
• Foster a healthy attitude and get fit for life
You can make the decision right now to be happier if you really want to be. Life is what you make it – so learn how to be happy, effective and energetic – and watch how it inspires those around you.