Language : English
Published : 2017
Singapore Master Tax Guide 2017/18 36th Edition
The Singapore Master Tax Guide Handbook is the tax reference book that provides guidance to help its readers understand, apply and comply with today’s complex tax laws and changes.
The book presents accurate and legally sound information on the Singapore tax regime, as well as examples, to enhance your understanding of the principles and fundamentals of the Singapore tax system. It helps you to fulfil your tax compliance requirements, avoid penalties and minimise tax risks exposure.
Key Features & Benefits
- Tax risk management – The guidebook provides complete coverage of the tax legislative requirements to mitigate risks of non-compliance.
- Latest developments on tax laws – Keeps you up-to-date with tax laws and ensures you have the knowledge to structure the business effectively to maximise incentive claims and minimise tax liabilities.
- Easy reference – Worked examples help readers to understand and learn the fundamentals of Singapore tax.
- Practical – Information is organised along topical lines to assist users in quickly locating answers to their tax questions.
NEW in This Edition
The key changes cover the following:
- Latest commentary and examples based on the Income Tax (Amendment No 2) Act 2016 and Income Tax (Amendment No 3) Act 2016
- New treaties signed in 2016
- New or revised IRAS circulars issued in 2016
- Selected tax judgments passed in 2016
- Budget Announcement 2017
- Introduction to Singapore Income Taxation
- Basic Tax Concepts
- The Charging Section
- Income from Trade, Business, Profession or Vocation
- Employment Income and Pensions
- Other Sources of Income
- Capital Allowances
- Taxation of Businesses
- Distribution of Corporate Profits
- Taxation of Resident Individuals
- Taxation of Non-Residents
- Relief from Double Taxation
- Clubs and Associations
- Estates, Trusts and Settlements
- Income Tax Administration
- Incentives under the Income Tax Act
- Economic Expansion Incentives
- Tax Avoidance and Evasion
- Goods and Services Tax
Spread over 19 chapters, this textbook provides fundamental information about International Business, which includes concepts and theories in business and management discipline with highlights on Asian business practices.
About the Author
Pete Cardon teaches management communication, international business communication, and advanced business writing at the Marshall School of Business at the University of Southern California. His primary research interests are intercultural communication and computer-mediated communication. Pete is currently a board member for the Association of Business Communication and the Orchid Foundation. Prior to joining USC, Pete taught at the University of South Carolina for six years and Utah State University for three years. Before working in higher education, he held several marketing and management positions in the tourism and manufacturing industries. Along the way, he has worked in China for three years and traveled to approximately forty countries for work and research.
Business Communication: Building Critical Skills was built to provide the ultimate in freedom, flexibility, and focused classroom. Broken into 30 modular chapters, this text provides topic-focused modules, allowing instructors to customize their resources piece-by-piece to best suite their course and teaching style. Each module has a strong workplace activity orientation, supporting students to build critical skills in writing, speaking, and listening. Locker/Kaczmarek is grounded in solid business communication fundamentals, and supports students to piece together what is needed to be a successful communicator for the 21st century.