Language : English
Published : 2017
Singapore Master Tax Guide 2017/18 36th Edition
The Singapore Master Tax Guide Handbook is the tax reference book that provides guidance to help its readers understand, apply and comply with today’s complex tax laws and changes.
The book presents accurate and legally sound information on the Singapore tax regime, as well as examples, to enhance your understanding of the principles and fundamentals of the Singapore tax system. It helps you to fulfil your tax compliance requirements, avoid penalties and minimise tax risks exposure.
Key Features & Benefits
- Tax risk management – The guidebook provides complete coverage of the tax legislative requirements to mitigate risks of non-compliance.
- Latest developments on tax laws – Keeps you up-to-date with tax laws and ensures you have the knowledge to structure the business effectively to maximise incentive claims and minimise tax liabilities.
- Easy reference – Worked examples help readers to understand and learn the fundamentals of Singapore tax.
- Practical – Information is organised along topical lines to assist users in quickly locating answers to their tax questions.
NEW in This Edition
The key changes cover the following:
- Latest commentary and examples based on the Income Tax (Amendment No 2) Act 2016 and Income Tax (Amendment No 3) Act 2016
- New treaties signed in 2016
- New or revised IRAS circulars issued in 2016
- Selected tax judgments passed in 2016
- Budget Announcement 2017
- Introduction to Singapore Income Taxation
- Basic Tax Concepts
- The Charging Section
- Income from Trade, Business, Profession or Vocation
- Employment Income and Pensions
- Other Sources of Income
- Capital Allowances
- Taxation of Businesses
- Distribution of Corporate Profits
- Taxation of Resident Individuals
- Taxation of Non-Residents
- Relief from Double Taxation
- Clubs and Associations
- Estates, Trusts and Settlements
- Income Tax Administration
- Incentives under the Income Tax Act
- Economic Expansion Incentives
- Tax Avoidance and Evasion
- Goods and Services Tax
Business Analysis and Valuation, Third IFRS Edition provides comprehensive coverage on how to use financial statement data in a variety of business analysis and valuation contexts. The text’s key strength is that it both offers a framework for business analysis and valuation but also shows how this framework can be applied in a variety of decision-making contexts. The text is thoroughly IFRS based. For example, the chapters on accounting analysis prepare students for the task of analyzing IFRS-based financial statements; all numerical examples of accounting adjustments describe adjustments to IFRS-based financial statements; and the terminology used throughout is IFRS-consistent. Business Analysis and Valuation, Third IFRS Edition is ideal for modules in financial statement analysis taken by MBA students, Masters in Accounting students, Executive Program participants and upper level undergraduates in accounting and finance.
About the Author
Gary Schneider is the William S. Perlroth Professor of Accounting at Quinnipiac University. He previously held teaching appointments at the University of San Diego, the University of Tennessee, and Xavier University. The author of more than 50 books and 100 research papers, Dr. Schneider has written extensively on accounting and information systems topics with his work appearing in such journals as INTERFACES, IS AUDIT & CONTROL JOURNAL, and JOURNAL OF INFORMATION SYSTEMS. His books have been translated into Chinese, French, Italian, Korean, and Spanish. A CPA who practiced public accounting in Ohio for 14 years before undertaking his academic career, Dr. Schneider holds a Ph.D. in accounting information systems from the University of Tennessee, an MBA from Xavier University, and a BA in economics from the University of Cincinnati.
This 13th edition of Lesikar’s Business CommunicationDigital World, by Kathryn Rentz, and Paula Lentz brings the contemporary perspective of two expert teachers to Ray Lesikar’s classic textbook. Taking a unique problem-solving approach, it integrates current technologies and trends throughout, while maintaining an emphasis on the fundamentals: careful analysis of the communication problem, development of an audience-focused solution, and clear, correct use of language and visuals. Combined with abundant realistic examples, exercises, and cases, this approach makes Lesikar one of the most pedagogically effective books in the field.
Each chapter opens with a real-life case study that forms the basis for several examples within the chapter. The questions included in the examples create a roadmap for mastering the most important learning outcomes within the chapter. A synopsis of each chapter’s introductory case is presented when the last of these examples has been discussed. Instructors of distance learners may find these introductory cases particularly useful.