Language : English
Published : 2018-03
Singapore Revenue Legislation 2018 (10th Edition) – 2 Volume Set
A comprehensive consolidation of the legislation, the 2 volume set incorporates all amendments up to 2 January 2018. An invaluable one-stop reference for practitioners, whether for use in the courtroom or office. Also available as eBooks!
- Income Tax Act,
- and related regulations, rules, orders and notifications.
- Economic Expansion Incentives (Relief from Income Tax) Act
- Goods and Services Tax Act, and
- Stamp Duties Act.
- explanatory history notes of amendments to the legislation
- descriptive sub-section headings in square brackets
- legislation locator in the form of shaded tabs, and
- headers and footers on each page.
Answer your questions and maximise returns with this easy-to-follow tax guide
The Taxpayers Guide 2014 – 2015: 26th Edition is the complete guide to understanding the Australian tax system. Packed with tax-saving strategies and helpful advice, this clear, easy-to-follow guide is essential reading for taxpayers wanting to pay what they owe, but not a cent more. You’ll find invaluable information, excellent advice and practical strategies for maximising returns, fully revised and updated for the 2014 – 2015 tax year. With handy reference tools like tax tables, rebates and offsets at your fingertips, you’ll be able to solve both complex and everyday tax problems quickly and easily. This book brings together almost a century of expertise from Taxpayers Australia in one comprehensive volume.
Taxpayers Australia is a not-for-profit educational organisation dedicated to educating taxpayers on issues relating to tax and superannuation. This guide is the organisation’s one-stop resource for understanding the tax system, providing plain-English guidance toward saving money and avoiding common traps. Comprehensively indexed and organised for easy navigation, the book provides the answers and insight you need in order to:
- Understand income tax rates and deductions for individuals and contractors
- Simplify superannuation and planning for retirement
- Decipher capital gains, investments and trusts
- Solve small business issues and straighten out payroll taxes
Australia’s complex tax system presents many opportunities to miss out on savings. This comprehensive tax resource clarifies complicated guidelines and laws to help you sort out what you really owe. If you’re tired of overpaying but wary of questionable advice, look to one of Australia’s most trusted tax guides—The Taxpayers Guide 2014 – 2015.
Hicks & Goo’s Cases and Materials on Company Law guides students through the complexities of company law with a broad selection of source materials, extracts from governmental and non-governmental sources as well as traditional cases and materials that are placed in context with clear commentary. It covers all the principal areas of company law including corporate governance issues and securities and insolvency. The book concentrates on how the law facilitates and regulates the operation of companies, both large and small, reflecting the realities of current practice. Each section is preceded by a concise introduction to help students understand the significance of the material presented. Similarly, each case is preceded by a statement of its legal significance and a summary of the main facts. The book has been fully updated to include classic materials whilst retaining the breadth of sources. The contents have been restructured to reflect the way the course is taught and chapter introductions have been developed to place each chapter in context and examine how these relate to the subject as a whole.
About the Author
Alan Dignam is a Professor in Corporate Law at Queen Mary, University of London.
A 4-stage developmental model providing a comprehensive, practical guide to clinical social work supervision
This text is a part of the Advancing Core Competencies series.
Clinical Social Work Supervision: Practice and Process presents a developmental model of supervision that helps supervisors meet the challenges of working with clinicians at different levels, and allows adaptations to style and focus as clinicians grow and change over time.
A better teaching and learning experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience–for you and your students. Here’s how:
- Personalize Learning – MySearchLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Improve Critical Thinking – Students arechallenged to examine their own values, increase their self awareness, and put into practice the concepts discussed.
- Engage Students – Tools and tips, case examples and charts that cover all aspects of clinical supervision.
- Explore Current Issues – Information and tools for handling the management aspects of supervision—from hiring, evaluation, and disciplining of staff; ethics and liability issues; effective time management; self-care.
- Apply CSWE Core Competencies – The text applies the 2008 CSWE EPAS, with critical thinking questions and practice tests to advance student competency.
- Support Instructors – An Instructor’s Manual and Test Bank, Computerized Test Bank (MyTest), Blackboard Test Item File, MySearchLab with Pearson eText, and PowerPoint presentations are included in the outstanding supplements package.
Law and economics has become a central course in U.S. legal education and for students majoring in topics like economics, political science, and philosophy. Cooter and Ulen provide a clear introduction to economic analysis and its application to legal rules and institutions that is accessible to any student who has taken principles of microeconomics. The book’s structure is flexible, beginning with an introductory overview of economic tools followed by paired chapters in five core areas of law: property, contracts, torts, legal process, and crime. Students leave the course understanding how microeconomic theory can be used to critically evaluate law and public policy.