Language : English
Systems Analysis and Design 11th Edition
This is a rigorous and complete textbook for a first course on information retrieval from the computer science perspective. It provides an up-to-date student oriented treatment of information retrieval including extensive coverage of new topics such as web retrieval, web crawling, open source search engines and user interfaces.
From parsing to indexing, clustering to classification, retrieval to ranking, and user feedback to retrieval evaluation, all of the most important concepts are carefully introduced and exemplified. The contents and structure of the book have been carefully designed by the two main authors, with individual contributions coming from leading international authorities in the field, including Yoelle Maarek, Senior Director of Yahoo! Research Israel; Dulce Poncele´on IBM Research; and Malcolm Slaney, Yahoo Research USA.
This completely reorganized, revised and enlarged second edition of Modern Information Retrieval contains many new chapters and double the number of pages and bibliographic references of the first edition, and a companion website www.mir2ed.org with teaching material. It will prove invaluable to students, professors, researchers, practitioners, and scholars of this fascinating field of information retrieval.
- Chapter 1. Is There a Security Problem in Computing?
- Chapter 2. Elementary Cryptography
- Chapter 4. Protection in General-Purpose Operating Systems
- Chapter 5. Designing Trusted Operating Systems
- Chapter 7. Security in Networks
his book is a quantitative text, which focuses on the real issues behind serious modeling and analysis of communications networks. The author covers all the necessary mathematics and theory in order for students to understand the tools that optimize computer networks today.
- Covers both classical (e.g. queueing theory) and modern (e.g. pricing) aspects of networking
- Integrates material on communication networks with material on modeling/analyzing and designing such networks
- Includes a Solution Manual