Textbook of Psychiatry 3rd Edition
This is a new edition of a successful introductory textbook on the subject of psychiatry. Clearly written and rich in pedagogic features – such as summary boxes, clinical cases and other aid memoirs – this book is tailored to the learning needs of those entering the discipline for the first time. Particularly suitable for medical students, this book will also act as a ‘primer’ for post-graduates first entering the speciality with a view to a long-term career in the discipline.
Out of stock
- introduces essential principles underlining modern biotechnology- recombinant DNA technology and protein science
- an invaluable introduction to this fast-moving subject aimed specifically at pharmacy and medical students
- includes specific ‘product category chapters’ focusing on the pharmaceutical, medical and therapeutic properties of numerous biopharmaceutical products.
- entire chapter devoted to the principles of genetic engineering and how these drugs are developed.
- includes numerous relevant case studies to enhance student understanding
- no prior knowledge of protein structure is assumed
Small Animal Internal Medicine for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses is the first comprehensive resource on internal medicine written for the veterinary technician. Organized by body system, each chapter discusses pertinent diseases, from clinical signs, diagnostic testing, and prevalence to treatment options and nursing considerations. Published in association with the Academy of Internal Medicine for Veterinary Technicians, this book offers both a thorough grounding in the foundations of internal medicine for students and new veterinary technicians and detailed, advanced information suitable for experienced veterinary technicians.
Coverage includes an overview of neurological disorders and discussion of the surgical, emergency, and nursing considerations for each condition. This complete reference, which includes a companion website with quizzes, images, and video clips, is essential reading for veterinary technician students, practicing technicians, and those studying for the AIMVT specialty exam.
The intricacies of the human nervous system are of great intellectual and practical interest and importance and are the subject of a large number of life sciences and medical school courses worldwide.
The Brain Atlas: A Visual Guide to the Human Central Nervous System truly integrates modern neuroscience with clinical practice and is now completely revised and updated in its Third Edition. Now more than ever, it is the best available visual guide to human neuroanatomy for undergraduate and graduate medical students, clinicians and psychologists.
It flows logically from surface anatomy to cross-sections, and then on to regional histology, ending with diagrams of the major neuronal systems responsible for the brain’s magnificent array of functions. The book’s five sections cover Background Information, The Brain and Its Blood, Brain Slices, Histological Sections, and Pathways.
The Brain Atlas: A Visual Guide to the Human Central Nervous System, Third Edition features:
- A large number of new images reflecting the latest updates in imaging equipment and techniques
- Unrivalled treatment of brain pathways, including meticulous blood supply maps
- Systematic use of magnetic resonance images side-by-side with corresponding brain slices
- A direct labeling system, including an alphabetical list of terms for each image