The Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary Illustrated Manual of Ophthalmology 4th Edition
2015 BMA Medical Book Awards Highly Commended in Internal Medicine Category! The Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary Illustrated Manual of Ophthalmology is the must-have medical reference book for the ever-changing field of ophthalmology. Thoroughly updated to include the latest advances in the field, the fourth edition of this renowned manual features high-quality color images and an intuitive design for easy comprehension and reference. Ideal for ophthalmic practitioners and allied health professionals alike, this indispensable resource is your comprehensive guide for the speedy diagnosis and treatment of the most common eye disorders.
Out of stock
This textbook is written by a renowned haematologist with more than 30 years of experience in teaching haematology to medical students and whose pedagogical and writing skills are widely admired within the field. Following closely the current curriculum of Imperial College London, medical students, trainee nurses and biomedical science students from other institutions will find the textbook equally suitable, since it includes the core student haematology curriculum as recommended by the Royal College of Pathologists and the British Society of Haematology expert group. This text will be equally suitable for students outside the UK.
The textbook takes a useful, practical approach, incorporating self-evaluation questions and learning objectives that give students not only the information needed to understand the topic but also clear indications on the core knowledge that students are required to know in order to progress within the field of haematology.
This new edition of Interprofessional Working: An Essential Guide for Health and Social Care Professionals provides the underpinning theoretical and practical knowledge all undergraduate nursing and healthcare students will need to learn how to successfully communicate and work effectively as part of an integrated, interprofessional team. As part of the topical Nursing and Health Care Practice series, this highly accessible text offers a host of practice based, real-life scenarios to show theory in practice along with a real-life case studies, boxed features and new activities to develop critical thinking and understanding.
- Population dynamics and control
- Air, water, and noise pollution, and other environmental issues
- Program planning, budgeting, management, and evaluation
- Systems thinking and leadership in community and public health
Students will gain insight into the descriptive, inferential, and analytical aspects of community and public health, as well as models, methods, and theories in health education and health promotion. Introduction to Community and Public Health provides the foundation necessary to build the skills of tomorrow’s community and public health leaders.
- introduces essential principles underlining modern biotechnology- recombinant DNA technology and protein science
- an invaluable introduction to this fast-moving subject aimed specifically at pharmacy and medical students
- includes specific ‘product category chapters’ focusing on the pharmaceutical, medical and therapeutic properties of numerous biopharmaceutical products.
- entire chapter devoted to the principles of genetic engineering and how these drugs are developed.
- includes numerous relevant case studies to enhance student understanding
- no prior knowledge of protein structure is assumed