ISBN-13 : 9780470882566
ISBN-10 : 0470882565
Language : English
Published : 2010-12-14
Pages : 504
The New CFO Financial Leadership Manual
The comprehensive guide for CFOs who need an overview of leadership basics from strategies to management improvement tips Filled with pragmatic insights and proactive strategies, The New CFO Financial Leadership Manual, Third Edition is destined to become your essential desktop companion. This thorough guidebook is filled with best practices to help you, as CFO, to improve efficiency, mitigate risks, and keep your organization competitive. Includes updated information on the relationship of the CFO with the Treasurer, registration statements and Fedwire payments, acquisitions integration, legal types of acquisitions, and government regulations Contains control flowcharts for the main accounting cycles Provides new chapters on Investor Relations and Risk Management for Foreign Exchange and Interest Rates Features an itemized list of the key tasks every new CFO should complete when first entering the position, a checklist of 100 performance measures, and a detailed discussion of employee compensation plans The reference CFOs and other financial managers can turn to for quick answers to questions they have as well as to help them plan their financial strategy, The New CFO Financial Leadership Manual, Third Edition is mandatory reading for every CFO wanting to play a strategic role in their organization.
ISBN-13 : 9780470882566
The final word on passive vs. active investing
The debate on active investing-stock picking and market timing-versus passive investing-markets are highly efficient and almost impossible to outperform-has raged for decades. Which side is right? In The Quest for Alpha: The Holy Grail of Investing, author Larry E. Swedroe puts an end to the debate, proving once and for all that active investing is likely to prove futile as the associated expenses-costs, fees, and time spent analyzing individual stocks and the overall market-are likely to exceed any benefits gained. The book
- Presents research, data, and quotations that reveal it’s extremely difficult to outperform the market
- Explains why investors should focus on asset allocation, fund construction, costs, tax efficiency, and the building of a globally diversified portfolio that minimizes, if not eliminates, the taking of idiosyncratic, uncompensated risks
- Other titles by Swedroe: The Only Guide to Alternative Investments You’ll Ever Need and The Only Guide You’ll Ever Need for the Right Financial Plan
Investors are on a never-ending search for a money manager who will deliver returns above the appropriate risk-adjusted benchmark, aka the “Holy Grail of Investing.” The Quest for Alpha demonstrates that it’s a loser’s game-while it’s possible to win, it’s so unlikely that you shouldn’t try.
This book follows closely to the latest Malaysian Financial Reporting Standards (MFRS). The accounting concepts are concise manner, while the worked examples enable students to apply the concepts learnt. To further enhance student’s understanding, chapters summaries and examination-based exercises (with solutions) are provided at the end of every chapter.
- Chapter 1. Non-current Assets
- Chapter 2. Inventories
- Chapter 3. Non-profit Organizations
- Chapter 4. Correction Errors*
- Chapter 5. Incomplete Record
- Chapter 6. Manufacturing Activities
- Chapter 7. Partnership Account 1
- Chapter 8. Partnership Account 2