Language : English
Published : 2018-04-28
Pages : 736
The Principles of Equity & Trusts 3rd Edition
The Principles of Equity & Trusts brings an engaging, contextual approach to the subject in this best-selling textbook. Graham Virgo explains the complex issues of trusts and Equity with unparalleled clarity, offering a rigorous and insightful commentary on the law and its contemporary contexts.
Pre-Order (3-4 weeks)
“For the life of a diplomat is often a variation of routine boredom and exhilarating crises.”
Maurice Baker is an academic and one of Singapore’s pioneer diplomats. Growing up in colonial–governed Malaya and Singapore, his profound love for great literature works inspired him to obtain an honors in English from King’s college, London in 1948 despite the cruelties faced during and after the Second World War. Baker’s humble beginnings and political consciousness earned him the friendship and respect of many diplomats during his missions to India in 1967, Malaysia in 1969, Philippines in 1977 and back to Malaysia in 1980 before retiring from his career as a diplomat in 1988. Between his diplomatic missions, Baker returned to Singapore in 1972 to head the Department of English at the University of Singapore for five years.
This is Baker’s story of how he came to be The Accidental Diplomat. With occasional poems and a sense of humor, he candidly recounts the colourful romances of his life to his enriching encounters of diplomatic relations. His portrayals of admiration for great leaders and men paint a vivid picture of the qualities that guided his beliefs, proving that he was by no means an “Accidental Diplomat” in the eyes of others.
Answer your questions and maximise returns with this easy-to-follow tax guide
The Taxpayers Guide 2014 – 2015: 26th Edition is the complete guide to understanding the Australian tax system. Packed with tax-saving strategies and helpful advice, this clear, easy-to-follow guide is essential reading for taxpayers wanting to pay what they owe, but not a cent more. You’ll find invaluable information, excellent advice and practical strategies for maximising returns, fully revised and updated for the 2014 – 2015 tax year. With handy reference tools like tax tables, rebates and offsets at your fingertips, you’ll be able to solve both complex and everyday tax problems quickly and easily. This book brings together almost a century of expertise from Taxpayers Australia in one comprehensive volume.
Taxpayers Australia is a not-for-profit educational organisation dedicated to educating taxpayers on issues relating to tax and superannuation. This guide is the organisation’s one-stop resource for understanding the tax system, providing plain-English guidance toward saving money and avoiding common traps. Comprehensively indexed and organised for easy navigation, the book provides the answers and insight you need in order to:
- Understand income tax rates and deductions for individuals and contractors
- Simplify superannuation and planning for retirement
- Decipher capital gains, investments and trusts
- Solve small business issues and straighten out payroll taxes
Australia’s complex tax system presents many opportunities to miss out on savings. This comprehensive tax resource clarifies complicated guidelines and laws to help you sort out what you really owe. If you’re tired of overpaying but wary of questionable advice, look to one of Australia’s most trusted tax guides—The Taxpayers Guide 2014 – 2015.
Singapore’s success story has been widely read. How and why this transformation came about, however, has seldom been publicly analyzed and articulated. Very few insiders with firsthand experience have chosen to illuminate the fundamental public policies guiding Singapore’s social and economic growth. Yet it is this aspect of the Singapore story that most intrigues outside observers.
Based on his rich, forty-year experience as a senior Singapore civil servant, Ngiam Tong Dow manages to present a clear picture in this book of Singapore’s path toward success. It is a collection of his speeches, interviews, and articles delivered and written between 2004 and 2010. According to Ngiam, what lies behind Singapore’s spectacular achievements from 1959 onward is the island nation s relentless pursuit of knowledge as the critical lever for development. Singapore is the forerunner of knowledge-based economies emerging in this new millennium.
(1) Retells the Singapore success story from the perspective of knowledge-based economy
(2) Unveils Singapore’s public-policy decisions in the early days
(3) Provides an insider’s perspective on how Singapore evolved from Third World to First
(4) Written by Singapore’s retired top civil servant, Mr Ngiam Tong Dow
A 4-stage developmental model providing a comprehensive, practical guide to clinical social work supervision
This text is a part of the Advancing Core Competencies series.
Clinical Social Work Supervision: Practice and Process presents a developmental model of supervision that helps supervisors meet the challenges of working with clinicians at different levels, and allows adaptations to style and focus as clinicians grow and change over time.
A better teaching and learning experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience–for you and your students. Here’s how:
- Personalize Learning – MySearchLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Improve Critical Thinking – Students arechallenged to examine their own values, increase their self awareness, and put into practice the concepts discussed.
- Engage Students – Tools and tips, case examples and charts that cover all aspects of clinical supervision.
- Explore Current Issues – Information and tools for handling the management aspects of supervision—from hiring, evaluation, and disciplining of staff; ethics and liability issues; effective time management; self-care.
- Apply CSWE Core Competencies – The text applies the 2008 CSWE EPAS, with critical thinking questions and practice tests to advance student competency.
- Support Instructors – An Instructor’s Manual and Test Bank, Computerized Test Bank (MyTest), Blackboard Test Item File, MySearchLab with Pearson eText, and PowerPoint presentations are included in the outstanding supplements package.