Thermofluids I: An Introduction to the Exciting World of Thermodynamics and Fluid Mechanics 5th Edition
Out of stock
How to plan your future strategy for efficient, cost-saving data management
Businesses have historically treated data protection as an afterthought, as simply making an occasional copy of data that could be used in the future. Today, this attitude is changing rapidly. The ever-increasing amount of data, along with the emphasis on continuous availability, necessitates changes in the approach to data integrity, which results in management and protection becoming much more closely aligned. Digital Data Integrity throws light on the data integrity landscape of the future. It provides the reader with a brief overview of the historical methods and subsequent evolution of data protection. The text shows how the whole subject of data integrity is changing and describes and positions many of the new, enhanced, more intelligent protection technologies and methods.
Digital Data Integrity:
- Takes a unique, forward look at data protection and management, highlighting the paradigm shift from simple backup and recovery to total data management.
- Details recent developments in compliance regulations in an accessible manner.
- Covers enhanced protection technologies such as advanced intelligent synthetic backups, data reduction methods, and data growth – online protection using continuous data protection.
- Explains data life cycle management and data storage, using management, quality of service products and tools to achieve better data management, intelligent allocation of storage, and compliance with regulations.
- Contains information on quality control, looking at SLA (Service Level Agreements), protection by business unit and billing/charge back.
- Unique insight into hot topics such as next generation bare metal recovery and true system provisioning.
This invaluable text will provide system administrators, and database administrators, as well as senior IT managers and decision makers with a thorough understanding of data management and protection.
With contributions from Ray Schafer and Paul Mayer.
Instructors love Numerical Methods for Engineers because it makes teaching easy! Students love it because it is written for them–with clear explanations and examples throughout. The text features a broad array of applications that span all engineering disciplines. The sixth edition retains the successful instructional techniques of earlier editions. Chapra and Canale’s unique approach opens each part of the text with sections called Motivation, Mathematical Background, and Orientation. This prepares the student for upcoming problems in a motivating and engaging manner. Each part closes with an Epilogue containing Trade-Offs, Important Relationships and Formulas, and Advanced Methods and Additional References. Much more than a summary, the Epilogue deepens understanding of what has been learned and provides a peek into more advanced methods. Helpful separate Appendices. “Getting Started with MATLAB” abd “Getting Started with Mathcad” which make excellent references. Numerous new or revised problems drawn from actual engineering practice, many of which are based on exciting new areas such as bioengineering. The expanded breadth of engineering disciplines covered is especially evident in the problems, which now cover such areas as biotechnology and biomedical engineering. Excellent new examples and case studies span asll areas of engineering disciplines; the students using this text will be able to apply their new skills to their chosen field. Users will find use of software packages, specifically MATLAB(R), Excel(R) with VBA and Mathcad(R). This includes material on developing MATLAB(R) m-files and VBA macros.
Provides a systematic review of modern methods and instruments for measuring environmental parameters
• Profiles the most modern methods and instruments for environment control and monitoring
• Gives an assessment of biotic and abiotic factors and their effect on quality of atmosphere and indoor air, soil, water
• Provides a brief description of the main climatic (pressure, wind, temperature, humidity, precipitation, solar radiation), atmospheric, hydrographic, and edaphic factors
• Covers a wide range environmental methods and instrumentation including those used in the fields of meteorology, air pollution, water quality, soil science and more
• Supplied with practical exercises, problems, and tests that will help the reader to learn more deeply contents of the book
For first-year or introductory courses in Engineering and Computer Science With a hands-on approach and focus on problem solving, this introduction to the powerful MATLAB computing language is designed for students with only a basic college algebra background. Numerous examples are drawn from a range of engineering disciplines, demonstrating MATLAB’s applications to a broad variety of problems.